GUN Whats your local range like?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Brian Fantana, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana New Member

Well im just asking to get a feel of what other people do/ what their local place is like.

My range is great. They have kick ass rentals, (MP5, uzi, AK, M4, Thompson, Benelli m4 super etc etc), they have TONS of regular rentals, and the people are awesome. A bunch of former cops, and very knowledgeable people. Overall I love it, and I go every weekend.

The website is bullseyeranges.com for the other PA people in WMD.

2. JonDaAzn

JonDaAzn New Member

its indoors, has 2 seperate "ranges" with about 15 lanes each, motorized target pulley things, i think its 25 yrds back, they have a great "family package" where 5 people can shoot as much as they want for a year for about 100 bucks, they rent a lot of pistols, but only have 10/22 rifles afaik, lots of off duty cops there too

3. g0dl355

g0dl355 New Member

damn compared to those my ranges suck balls

hopefully they are better in LA

4. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

we dont have any local ranges :wtc:

5. Fook Yoo

Fook Yoo OT Supporter

mines outdoor has 5 section 10 benches per section which include skeet,pistol(15-25yard)/,rifle-shotgun (25-100yard),long rifle(150-300yard),and last competition(only opens on weekends).

6. Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana New Member

Oh yeah we have 13 lanes, 1 "action shoot" lane, and 1 role playing range.

Role playing is great. Its a big ass screen with a projector, you get guns and act out stuff.

Like theres old west ones where you can use only use revolvers, and a alien one. Its sweet.

7. Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana New Member

And this kickass system of recycling the bullets.

You shoot into plate armour, the bullets collapse and a mizutre of oil and water carries it into an underground storage where its emptied every once in a while.

8. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  9. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

it's a field behind my house

10. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

I shoot at one of two ranges.

One is Bullseye, in Lawerenceville, GA. It's an indoor range, with five 25-yd. lanes and probably eight or ten 50-ft. ranges for pistol. The retail space is decent for around here. Good selection of used firearms, and getting better all the time on new ones. Me and my friends are part of the reason they carry so many AR's, and THE reason that they carry so many AR accessories now. We got the owner's son more interested and knowledgable about that stuff, so he gets his dad to order more and more stuff. Aimpoints, ACOG's, Surefires, slings, mounts, uppers, lowers, mags, everything like that. They're a Glock distributor, so they have pretty good prices. They're an NFA dealer, which is nice. They have an MP5, MP40, PPSH, Thompson, Colt 635, Uzi, and some crappy Beretta subgun for rent, in addition to the standard Glock, Kimber, S&W, Colt, etc. pistol rentals. They have a transferrable Ma Deuce for sale, along with quite a few AOW's, and other transferrable machine guns. They are a dealer for Advanced Armament, which is a suppressor company located here in Lilburn, GA.

The other range I shoot at is Cherokee Gun Club in Gainesville, GA. It's an outdoor private club that my best friend is a member of. It has a 10-tower or so skeet range. There's a 100-yd. rifle range, a 225-yd. rifle range, 5 or 6 pistol ranges about 25 yds. long, and one that's probably 50 yds. with a western town set up on it for cowboy shoots. There's a subgun range. There's another cowboy range, but I've never taken a close look at it. There's probably another range or two that we don't use as well, but the place is on 60 acres, so it's hard to know what all they've got unless you go driving around on it, which I don't.

11. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Mine are pretty lame.
    $15 to shoot, only a few lanes and indoors. I don't like shooting indoors.

12. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

out door, 4 ranges ~100 stalls total.

shoot house

long rifle range

shotgun range

pepper poppers, paper targets, moveable targets, etc.

13. Fidel Castro

Fidel Castro OT Supporter

30 out door stalls

shot gun range

work range:
    5 indoor stalls

14. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

That's a big bathroom :eek3:

15. Ryno

Ryno Gun in hand

All I have is a sportsman's club. It's a little pavilion with like 5 shooting benches under it. And wood frames made out of 2x4's with foam R-board on them to staple your target to.

I guess for $10 a year I can't complain too much. I'd love to have a local indoor range though. Maybe I should open one..

16. soccaian

soccaian New Member

mine is outdoor, 10 pistol lanes and 10 rifle lanes. unsupervised and it costs nothing to shoot there. :bigthumb:

17. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

18. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I just looked at the list of their "test fire guns." I wish a place around here had that large of a selection to rent from.

19. Volkl

Volkl New Member

20. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Indoors, 2 sections with I think 15 stalls in each. Mainly for handguns, limited rentals but a good selection. Kind of expensive, but nice enough with knowledgeable people running it.

21. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Active Member

My local rifle range - repost.

no resize my camera sucks - still can barely see the painted house sale signs

[​IMG]

The first target (100 yards) is also marked off for pistols - with a laser range finder as well.

22. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Mine suck. no good guns to rent, the people dont know shit, not enough room, and only have out to 200 yard :rolleyes:

And their assholes to top it off:o

23. mvizos

mvizos New Member

free, state run, almost no rules...(well, if no one else is there, absolutely no rules.)

If other people are there, somewhat stupid rules, semi-auto rifles > .22, no more than 3 rounds in a magazine at a time, no .50 of any sort.

Good points are that you can shoot at anything. Brought an old tide bottle from home? set it up. Bowling pins, yep. mannequins (have to find a cheaper place to buy those), and generally anything else you feel like setting up

Biggest downside is that it's nearly 1.5 hours away. But well worth it, since outdoor > indoor.

24. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

:eek3: I might have to check this place out cause that kinda :cool:

25. Vatoloco

Vatoloco In a pinch, though, you could jam it into someone'

My range is 30+ miles away out in the middle of nowhere. There's a nice big gravel pit I found one day and it's perfect. It's a nice horseshoe shape so you can pretty much stand in the middle by yourself and shoot safely in about any direction.

It's public land, but since I have to trespass through some companies property to get to it, nobody ever bothers me. All I ever run into is crows and jackrabbits.

I can't stand organized ranges anymore. I have one just about a 3 minute drive up the hill from my house but shooting at paper targets gets really boring.