SRS whats your guys take on this

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Ripper, Jun 24, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I used to work at one of the dept stores down here catching shop lifters. I ended up leaving at the end of Feb. Every one there liked me and I got along with every one even the manager who was a prick. I was nice to every one and went by the philosophy that you kill them with kindness if they try to cop an attitude with you. Maybe to nice some of the times. So I call up and talked to one of the guys there. I said I was going there to pay off a balance of like a dollar that I didnt know I had till I go the bill this month. I wanted to see if they were busy so I could stop by and say hi to every one. He then tells me that he is about to leave and that there are two new people working today and they have bad attitudes. I asked how he was going and then said well I might stop by any ways if I get there soon just to say hi. I get to the store about an hour later to pay my bill and I figure he left so I go to pay my bill and I get stopped left and right by people who work there because I was really nice to every one and every one likes me. So I end up spending an hour there just talking to random people who see me and walk up to me or see me talking to some one else and walk up to me. So I get ready to leave after saying hi to a few people and then I walk by to the office where I used to work at. I knock on the door to say hi to the new people and in case my old co worker is still there. They open the door and I see one of my old co workers just got there because he is getting settled. I then see the guy that told me he wasnt going to be there just sitting around working. So I hang out for a secound and catch up with them. I then glance over at the schedule to see who the new people are and I notice that there arent any names on there aside from all the people I already know. I then look at the guys schedule and I see he is going to be here for another hour. I just shrug it off and try to be nice. When I leave I call a freind of mine who still works there and asked hey have you guys hired any one new yet? He then told me no that the manager was holding off on that for at least 2 weeks because he was going on vacation. So now I know that the guy lied and he just didnt want me to stop by there for what ever reason and its apparent that he doesnt like me. Its funny because I was nothing but nice to this guy. I was the one that ended up making the decision to hire him because every one else was iffy about him and I even covered up for him once when he messed up and made a mistake that he could have got fired for. I feel kind of mad because I did nothing but look out for this guy and he just behaved in the shadiest manner. The guy is like 28 years old Im 24 and hes one of those guys that still acts like hes in his teens constantly chasing women even though he has like 4 kids and a fiance. He always has something to prove to some one stuff like that. I never really minded it but something just rubbed me the wrong way with what he did. I dont know erked me sort of. Really it doesnt effect me because I barely go to that store and now that my bill is paid off Im probably not going to be back for a long time cuz im busy with school and work so I dont usually have time to go to random places but I dont know why it bothers me so much.

2. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Im kinda po'ed right now and I was debating on getting him fired because it would only take one call. At the same time I don't want to put that kind of negative energy out there and I don't want to be that person.

3. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

So someone doesn't like you. Big deal. You never have to see him again.

Why on earth are you sweating this? It sounds to me like you're one of those people who need everyone to like them, and get really upset if someone doesn't.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

yeah, i'm not seeing a big problem here. Somebody rubbed you the wrong way at a place you are not obligated to go to, and rarely go to anyways.

Why should this have ANY lasting effect on your life whatsoever?

Also, paragraphs are your friend.

5. Vysion

Vysion New Member

This guy sounds like an egotistical prick... you don't want him to be your friend anyways.

6. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Just don't call him anymore, or don't see him anymore. As far as you know you moved with your life and he is still working there.

7. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

It isnt so much as I need every one to like me because I made some enemys at my current job and I dont care either way. Right now its not bothering me any more I guess I just needed to vent. Now that I got it out of my system I guess the reason I was mad wasnt because I need every one to like me because I could care less.

The reason I think is because I concidered this guy a freind. Im nice to every one but Im pretty selective of who I keep as freinds. When we were working together we got a long he ws a bit of a prick to people some times but he was always nice to me and gave me the same respect I gave him.

When he saw that I was the type of guy that looked after his co workers no matter whether or not they liked me or if I had an issue with them he started getting closer with me. I used to help him out and listen to his problems and give him advice and I would let him take off a little earlier so he could pick his kids up from school. I would cover his ass when he messed up.

I think the reason he was nice to me all this time was because I was working with him and it was to his benefit to be nice to me because I would look out for every one. Now that I cant do anything for me he is just being a prick as usual. Thats what I beleive is going on. It kind of hurt me because I never said anything bad about him and I expect the same level of respect as I give every one else.

I guess there was a level of trust we set up by working together because of the enviornement we were in and even though I didnt work there any more I still concider(ed) my old co workers as good friends. when this guy did what he did and was generally shady. He violated that trust that I had with him so I guess thats what pissed me off.

8. Farzam

Farzam New Member

Have you ever met someone who's really nice, there's nothing wrong with them, but you just can't like them? You're that person to him. Either that, or he's a douchebag. Don't worry, you seem a lot better than him...so it's not a big deal.

9. asynonymforme

asynonymforme New Member

He liked you. You're gone. He's bitter, and didn't want to see you again.