What's YOUR cutting routine?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by AustinL911, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Hello, my name is Austin, and I'm a fatty.

My current path doesn't seem to be doing a damn bit of good.

I started out three weeks ago, 5' 7", 190lb. I've been doing cardio for about 45 min./day/2-3x a week for the past 3-4 weeks. I quit eating fast food, quit drinking soda/pop and try to make atleast one of my meals per day a salad with some kind of lowfat dressing (wishbone salad spritzer things FTW). I try to eat only chicken, but I do slip in some beef every once in a while. I also try to get in 5-6 smaller meals/day to try and get my metabolism up. This part is kind of hard though with my job. I'm constantly on the run and miss/forget my snacks (usually a banana) a lot of the time. I also don't always stay on the same eating time schedule. But, I try to keep it as close to a routine as I can.

For my cardio (I do this in the evenings), I usually do 15 min/stationary bike to warm up (heartrate = 130-145BPM). 15-20 min/eliptical because it gets my heart pumping pretty damn good (170-190 BPM, 21y.o), and then I finish with either 15 min. on a treadmill (running. I hate this part) or 15 min. climbing the rotating stair thing. I eventually plan to start lifting weights for 30 min or so, right before I do my cardio (45+ min). I know the whole lean muscle feeds off of fat thing. I just figure I should start losing some weight on my body before I start lifting the weights. I could be wrong on this thought process.

Anyways, my current results from the past 3 weeks: 5' 7", 190lb. WTF? I haven't lost a God damn bit of weight. What am I doing wrong? Not frequent enough cardio? Not doing cardio for a long enough period of time? Should I eat less/more. Switch to 2 salads/day instead of one? Set a strict routine for myself? Or am I just not being patient enough?

I was really hoping to lose 20lb. by June 1, and another 20lb. by July 1. Is this a feasible goal or am I setting the bar to high for myself?

How do you guys go about losing a good chunk of weight, healthily (is that a word?) in the shortest amount of time?

Thoughts?

2. jaboki

jaboki OT Supporter

probably diet

3. Werdna

Werdna Livin' the SLO Life...

throw your scale away and stop weighing yourself

do you feel better? do you feel your fitness level has increased? do you see your body changing?

if you just started out, you could be gaining muscle and simultaneously losing fat, so your scale weight might be the same.

you also need to start doing weights...cardio shrinks your body, weights transform your body. your workouts should be mostly weight-training in my opinion. you may not feel like you're burning as much fat, but trust me you are. i've lost plenty of weight and am very lean and never do any cardio. ever.

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

wait for it...

5. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.