SRS Whats wrong with people?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fusion, May 25, 2007.

1. Fusion

Fusion OTSS FTW OT Supporter

Is love real?

Seems most people who are in "love" or married cheat on their partners. How does this work out? Shouldn't you be happy if your married? Didn't you think about htings befor you got married?

I guess I was raised in the old fashion way.

2. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Deep down inside everyone wants to sleep with as many as possible. We used to be like that before we became civilised and established social etiquettes, but you still have lusts and tempts you either ignore or listen to everyday

And it's easy making a promise. Staying true to it is the hard part.

3. Fusion

I don't understand because I will be faithfull to my wife. Although she prolyl won't be to me. Makes me sad

4. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

What the fuck are you talking about; that is completely untrue. The disadvantages to women caused by having too many children from too many husbands who did not stick around... are HUGE. Women NEVER were "like that"

Jesus. If you're trying to make someone feel better, at least be right about what you're saying

5. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I'm starting to feel the same way, it honestly makes me scared to even try to find a good relationship.

6. tehrealist

tehrealist New Member

I do believe Love is real.
    Maybe some people are just a little really blind and only find superficial love.
    It's a matter of opinion on what is love and what isn't, so you're probably goign to have to find out for yourself.
    It's one of those 'soulfinding' quests.
    But once you've really found it, you'll know.

wow that sounded like something cliche from a movie or something. :ugh:

7. Takitome

Takitome New Member

I think I was abit out of line. Cranky in mornings, sorry! Although it's not completely untrue. I would explain myself further but I shouldn't.

8. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

fucking dot.

9. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

but it is completely untrue, it doesn't make any sense at all. and if it does, god help us humans because if so, women truly are stupid on an instinctual level.

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I believe we cheat because this is part of our breeding strategy, of which we are not consciously aware.

I'm reading the book Sperm Wars by Robin Baker and its amazing how much is going on in our bodies that we are completely unaware of.

I recommend this book to anyone who wishes to understand this subject better.

11. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Well ok let's see.

I think you like or love what people stand for. Like what they represent and not so much the individual himself or herself. So regardless who you find and end up together with, there will allways be someone else out there in the world who stands stronger for what you like, better qualities and is a better companion for you.

But I mean, I'm quite loyal to all my friends and loved ones. But things can get tempting. I wouldn't do anything of the kind without a bloody good reason, but it would still be just as tempting.

I see what I said earlier was totally out of line. I honestly thought "I wrote that?" when I saw it just recently.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Pre-nup.

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Love is a chemical process in the brain similiar in process and in strength to an addiction to heroin, complete with cravings, fixes, and mental/physical withdrawl.

Sorry to take the romance out of it.

That doesn't mean the feelings aren't "real," tho.

14. melda2m

melda2m New Member

That's not true of women at all "back in tha day" women got preggers as much as possible ... in a relationship... the reason why is because of the infant mortality rate. If you wanted to to have two grown children you would have to get pregant a bunch of times only to have your babies die. Remember life expectancy was only young, 30 or 40 years was all that you would live. And children started working at a very young age so they helped support the household. And there was no DNA tests More children equaled a better life and someone to look after you when you are old and dying.

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It was more common for the mother to die during childbirth back in the day, too.

16. melda2m

melda2m New Member

That as well.

17. Fusion

sig worthy

18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Thanks. Check out this article. It talks about that a bit, and it also explains how certain chemicals are responsible for monogamous move, and how inhibiting these chemicals in tests in certain animals prevented monogamous relationships :noes:

http://www.oxytocin.org/oxytoc/love-science.html

If you follow the links at the bottom they will take you to other articles. Each article has a few relevant links at the bottom. There is some crazy stuff there regarding love, drugs, psychology, chemicals in the brain, etc.

edit - for those of you that see "oxytocin" in the URL, don't get that confused with "oxycontin" which is the drug people get addicted to.

Here's another one I recommend reading, "Cuddle hormone." http://www.oxytocin.org/cuddle-hormone/index.html

This stuff is absolutely fucking fascinating.

19. autobahn

autobahn New Member

Love is real.

However, lust transcends love. It's an impulse that some cannot handle.

20. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

love is enjoyable but lust is unavoidable