whats wrong with my heart???

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by AKing, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKing

AKing It's like we've got each others backs

well i changed my diet and been taking less carbs. 100-200 a day. I use mega men mutlivitamins at night. and i've lost several pounds. I also changed my cardio routine to get off my plateau. for some reason when my heart is at rest it starts to beat really hard. My bpm's havent gone up but my heart feels like it has a ton of pressure on it when i lay down. Anyone ever have this ?

2. Minh Lam

Minh Lam Active Member

When has this started or has it always been around all your life and has gotten worse?
    When I was young I would ocassionally get a flip flop in my heart. Being young it doesnt bother you. about 4 years ago it got worse. Been to the cardiologist twice and he believes its harmless as 98 percent of all forms of Heart Palpitations.

Just got to the doctor to check it out. My doctor couldnt find a cause and believed it could be a electrical misbeat. I honestly think I have Mitral Valve Prolapse. I have slight Pectus Excavatum and alot of people who have this have MVP.

3. AKing

it started about 2 days ago when i change my diet and did more cardio.

4. Minh Lam

Minh Lam Active Member

COuld be your blood pressure. Just go to doctor and get the usual tests.
    I hate going to doctors. Find parking. Then line up and wait only to have the doctor shove you off because he wants the next paying patient.

5. AKing

lol thats easy to say. But i have no more medical insurance being 19, and only in commnity college. Its just odd because through out the entire day im fine and i push myself hard on cardio. I'm fine during that. When at rest for exp. like laying down my heart doesnt beat any faster or quicker. It beats the same but it just feels like there is more pressure on it then usual. i know it cant be my fat because i lost weight and even when i had more weight it was fine. Perhaps your right on the blood pressure. Il get that checked out with a machine asap.

6. Minh Lam

Minh Lam Active Member

MAybe your chest muscles are tight or it could be indigestion. Gas going up and down causing pressure around the chest area.

Im sorry I forgot in the US you guys dont have medicare. In Australia we get to go to the doctor for free with our system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.