What's wrong with my forearm?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by GuOD, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

I've had a sore forearm for about a month now and it doesn't seem to be healing.

It's a hard pain to explain but hopefully someone will understand. When I do heavy BB curls and put down the weight after I have a lot of pain in both forearms (but it usually goes away). Anyway, my left forearm has somehow developed this pain all the time and it doesn't seem to be healing.

I recently moved and carried about 2000 lbs of stuff over the course of the day which didn't help and yesterday I had to carry 40lbs of water down stairs (4 trips of 40) which just kept bugging my arm even more. Any ideas what could be wrong with it?? I don't even know how I hurt it intially.

Could it be fractured or something?

Cliffs:
    Left forearm hurts like after I put down heavy bb curl, continues hurting as i carry around heavy buckets and shit for 1 month.

2. Drewski

Drewski New Member

this is OTFN, not OTMD

you're best bet is to use the healthcare your taxes pay for, and not ask here, especially if its been hurting that long

3. chickenadobo

chickenadobo New Member

:ugh: this is actually a common problem and this concern pops up every once in a while here. stop doing the barbell curls and switch to a db variant.

4. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

I can get the same feeling with dumbells when I go heavy. I also get bruises on my forearms when I do reverse curls :noes:

I've stopped doing these exercises but all the heavy lifting aggravates my arm. I was just wondering if anyone has had a forearm sore this long before. I don't know what a fracture is like so I just hoped someone could let me know if they think it COULD be a fracture.

5. chickenadobo

chickenadobo New Member

it's more likely tendonitis than a fracture. and if it hurts, don't do them. curls are the one movement any person can forego. your biceps will grow off of heavy pulling, rows, etc.

6. ilovepie

ilovepie Guest

I have a similar pain developing, it feels like I'd have to strech my forearm's bone, even though that's impossible because it would fracture it. :wtc:

7. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

I almost never do curls. I do pulldowns and rows. It's just annoying because it hurts to lift things too. I'm the only person I know who can bruise from doing reverse curls.. it's so weird :hsd:

8. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Direct bicep work is needed for me because my biceps don't get worked enough doin back work, seeing as though I focus on using just my back.

If your biceps are getting a sick pump from doing back work then you need to drop weight and focus on pulling with your back and not your arms.

9. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

10. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

i haven't done db curls in months so I doubt it :squint:

I feel it when I do skullcrushers, bb curls, or spotting heavy weight when my friend fails

11. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

I had the same thing, I did it with strait bar curls. Just let off it for a while or up the weight a lower the reps for a while till the pain goes away.

If it gets very bad, go to a doctor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.