whats wrong with my c0mp v.pic from safe mode

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by n1ck54, Nov 1, 2006.

1. n1ck54

n1ck54 New Member

this is what it looks like.
    [​IMG]
    if i try and start it up normally, it gets to the screen where it says windows xp and has the three blue bars sliding across but the screens kinda fucked, then once it gets past that stage my monitor just goes to standby and i have toi restart. when i start it up again it goes to the screen where you choose to go to safe mode. the weirdest part though is that ~1day after it started doing this, i restarted my computer from safe mode and it started up perfectly, and i was usuing it for hours with no problems. then i turned it off and it was fucking up again and it hasnt worked since. any ideas what might be the problem?

2. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Problem with video card is my first guess. I do know that Windows loads the basic, bare bones video card settings in safe mode...though I've never seen that. Try taking out your video card and reinserting it firmly. :dunno:

3. DaKoreanGuy

DaKoreanGuy New Member

Safe mode should look alot more clearer then that. When in safe mode it loads universal vga drivers. Just like the previous post you should check your video card and its drivers. If that isnt the problem then check your moniter cable and monitor.

4. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

what they've said.

+1

5. n1ck54

n1ck54 New Member

thank you, and update if anyone cares

it got a whole lot more fucked. a whole lot. then eventually i just cleared out the dust and pushed all the plugs in (even though nothing seemed loose) and it fuckin worked. my comps perfectly fine now