SRS Whats wrong with me?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Morton, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Morton

Morton New Member

For avout eight months now, I've been experiencing short periods (no more than thirty seconds) of extreme deprssion. I sort of tear up, feel a little light headed, and extremely sad. I then feel lile vomiting, and then I feel pressure in my bowles and some gas. It seems to come over me unexpected and work from my head to my stomach to my intestins; i can feel it move 'down' me.

Each one is accompanied by a feeling of displacement and offten a feeling of deja vu. I think that they are triggered by certain things. It happens alot after I sneeze really heavely.

I really want to know whats wrong with me, but I can't. I am in ROTC in college and am afraid that if I seek help, I could lose my scholarship.

Anyone know what this is? Anyone know the Army's policy on mental health?

Thanks

2. Bioanger

Bioanger Self-Proclaimed moron

Nerve damage is the first thing that comes to mind for me. Have you suffered any major head or spinal injuries during your life?

The fact that bowels and sneezing are involved rules out most of the mental health possibilities except for seizures. There are many kinds of seizures that can cause partial loss of brain and bodily functions for short periods of time, and it sounds like you should look into that.

I don't know the army’s policies, but they won't find out unless you tell them about it.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  3. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Nerve damage, impending seizures, possible impending aneurysm. Get a CAT scan or MRI on your head and spine right away (and necessarily along with that, the opinion of an MD who practices in some kind of neuroscience). This isn't a problem for a shrink, counselor, or the asylum. Professioinal medical opinion, now.

4. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

army's policy on mental health is that if you're treated but not in, you're gone. That's basically how it works. Once your in, things work a little different but when I say in, i'm talking like... you're in uniform and getting paid. ROTC you're not really 'in' yet.... you can still be DQ'd.

My therapist is an ex-marine therapist. Got his PhD and such through the corps.

talk to a psychologist first... that's probably the best way to go.

5. Morton

Morton New Member

There wasn't any major injurys in the time peiriod that it started. The reason I thought it was mental, was because I have had a history of depression. For a short time, two years ago, I was depresed from a combination of the stress of applying to colleges, and taking Acutaine. I was on Zoloft for a time and stopped taking it because it just made thing worse. I think I'm better now, but every once and a while I get the sad feeling back for a day or so.

Do you guys know any websites or something else anonomys to ask about nerve damage?