SRS What's wrong with me?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Spiritus, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

My girlfriend is really gullible. I mean, really, really gullible.

I am really exploitive of gullible people. To the point where I take it too far.

I constantly joke with her and trick her, the worse is when I try to trick her into thinking I'm cheating on her, because it drives her absoloutely nuts even though it's not true.

And she knows it's not true. But she's paranoid.

But :rofl: :ugh: I can't stop. I really... can't stop myself. When I spend a lot of time with her I get bored and boom, I start being my annoying self.

I think it has to do with ADD or something. She keeps telling me to think before I say stuff but I can't.

I know it's :nono: What can I do?

Strange hey?

2. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

cheat on her to make a point.

+profit

3. johan

johan Active Member

Sounds pretty mean spirited.

It'd be kinder to her to just blatantly cheat on her and drive her off permanently that way.

Except, she'd probably stick around and "forgive" you. After all, she puts up with all the other shit you dump on her head.

The real question is...why do you target these low self-esteem losers?

I'd feel sorry for her, except that she's getting exactly what she's looking for. Something in her past has shaped her into an abusee.

And abusee's need abusers (like you) to fulfill them. Hey, I'm not saying it's great, it's not.

I'm just recognizing the symbiosis between you two (which goes for basically every abusive relationship).

4. Rowdy

Rowdy New Member

Obviously you dont really love her or like her much, I'd leave. Find someone you would rather spend some time with.

5. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

I'm not mean spirited. That's wrong. I love her and I show her a lot of affection.

It would deffinnitly not be kinder to cheat on her. She's probally kill herself, she's in love with me. I'm also her first love.

I don't dump a lot of shit on her head. Yeah I fuck around with her, I want to make her less gullible. This is the only way I can think about doing it. I always tell her I'm fucking with her and that she's gullbile after; can you think of any other way?

Does she have low self esteem; she's been very sheltered and her parents have seperated. Her mom and family hates her. Her dads in another province.

She's beautiful though and I do love her. I'm trying to help her become tougher in a way. I'm not abusive and I've never hit her. She's hit me harder - playfully.

Is she getting what she wants? Probally. She wants me to rape her in sex play :hs:

Perhaps there is a symbosis but maybe it's a productive one.

6. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

What immediately comes to mind to me is the reverse: What if you were desperately in love with a beautiful, smart, sexy, and powerful woman and all she did was tell you she was screwing other guys, and constantly taking advantage of you.

You know the advice we would all give you would be to dump her and find someone who repected you, cared about your feelings, and actually was showing so self-control. I bet any number of her friends are telling her to dump you right now as well, and I think they are right.

You simply need to rein in your childish behavior. She is attracted to your confidence most likely, I am sure you have a great sense of humor, and you like to have fun. These are all GREAT traits to have, and are very attractive to women. What you need to learn is what is cruel, heartless, and what makes you a complete and utter asshole. She'll smarten up and leave you soon enough, I have no doubt, unless you think about being smarter.

How about this, cowboy: Every time you want to make a joke about you cheating on her (which, by the way, will most likely cause her to think about cheating and ultimately cheat on YOU) make a joke about something else. How about the idiot sitting at the table next to you, chewing with his mouth open? What about the dumbass driving down the road with their headlights off? Hey, maybe a joke about what an awesome guy you are, expect for the fact that your sense of humor sucks? I bet she would get a laugh out of that. ;)

All you have to do is slightly change the topic, and you'll be golden. Think about some role models - what would a GOOD role model do - and who would that be? James Bond sure as hell doesn't seduce a woman by telling her about some other chick he wants to fuck. No guy with half a brain would do that.

On a more important note - why ARE you doing it? Are you really so insecure and feel so worthless that you WANT her to dump you, to reinforce the fact that you think you're an idiot? It sounds like to me you're a perfectly normal guy who has a gift and just needs to redirect it a little, and then realize you probably ARE a reasonably good guy. Start acting like a man, show some self-control, self-respect, and respect her at the same time and your dog and pony show will go a lot futher. :)

7. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

What kind of question is this? You choose to trick your girlfriend and you know it's not a nice thing to do, and then you ask what you should do? What a stupid thread.

Your answer is STOP.

8. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Word.

Btw, she probably gets something out of the abuse. Why don't you try to show her what it's like to love someone who's good to her? Instead of taking on the role of the mean man she thinks she deserves, try to flip it on its head and show her what benevolence is like. It is possible for her to grow out of this stage with help.

9. johan

johan Active Member

The only way it will end is for each of them to grow.

Either it happens violently and quickly though some kind of massive emotional trauma, or it happens slowly over the years and many lingering breakups and bad/abusive relationships.

Even if they split and hook up with others, she will be drawn to emotional abusers, and he will be drawn to those who want to be abused.

I am guessing that in HER case, her father either split early on, or if present in the household, was very distant/seldom present. Perhaps some isolation or sexual abuse/touching went on, but she usually just got ignored.
    Very common situation.

Anyways, best of luck to you both. You're both working out the life scripts you wrote for yourself.

If you want to stop abusing her, just try and stop. I'm betting you'll be unable to keep it up for longer than a few days. Because this is a fundamental cornerstone of your personality, it's who you are. Well, it's who you are at THIS stage in your life.

Eventually, with effort, you may become something different. WHAT you become, is entirely up to you. An even greater asshole, or a stronger man who understands that being kind takes real strength.

(...Imagine an FDNY fireman laughing as he watches a victim burn. Think that makes him a greater man, instead of risking his life to save her?...)

You're clearly more intelligent than this girl, you've understood the power dynamic between you two, whereas she appears to only dimly comprehend.

So the onus is mostly on you. This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your quality and worth. If you throw it away...shrug....it's your life.

10. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I went out with a girl who did exactly that to me...grow the fuck up and stop being an asshole, it may be funny to you but it's really painful to your girlfriend. You aren't doing her a favour or 'making her more tough' by doing this.