SRS What's wrong w/ me and how can I get over it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by newboundguy, Nov 2, 2008.

1. newboundguy

newboundguy New Member

So for some reason I can't get all the girls i've seriously dated out of my head lately. I've been w/o a serious girlfriend for about two years and I haven't wanted to ante up to get another serious gf. I've dated girls and some of these even really like/liked me, but for some reason I don't want to put myself in that situation again.

Some background info,
    First love was a few years back, broke up, ended terribly... "dated" some girl for a few months right after just as a sexual thing. Got another gf a couple months after that, stayed with her more or less for over a year then again we ended up not speaking. Last gf was always hiding stuff from me, even though she'd come and say some of things later on.

Now i'm sitting here, reminded of all the relationships i've had and it's driving me crazy. I know these girls weren't right for me, but I can't help but think maybe I was happier with them. I really regret breaking things off because of the way my outlook has changed on women. I don't see them as potential candidates as gf's anymore, rather people who waste my time.

I know this sounds more like a rant than anything else, but i'm wondering what some of the other people around here have done.

2. Xen0n

Xen0n New Member

at some point in your life you didn't know them, right? So how do you know that the next one you meet won't be the right one?

Don't look backwards mate, things will never be the same. You gotta let the past go sometime.

3. newboundguy

newboundguy New Member

Thanks I know you're right.. but for some reason, I haven't wanted to have the next one...but at the same time I do. =/

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its better to replace your ex-gf with a new gf, you have to understand that there's nothing substantial left to think about with these woman anymore, life is too short for that, best to keep focusing and working on a progressive future.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

How old are you?

It's pretty normal if you have been hurt in the past (especially numerous times) to be hesistant about putting your heart and emotions back out there. I casually dated around with NO STRINGS for 2 years after a really bad breakup once and it was exactly what I needed. No one has to jump back into a serious relationship man.

6. newboundguy

newboundguy New Member

Yeah I know.. but it feels like a waste of time because so much is put into it..then it all crumbles. =/

I'm 23 now... just started med school so I have gotten a bit busier as of late.
    I have casually dated.. but that's just the thing.. it seems so pointless and lacks substance. Going out with girls used to be fun and exciting.. now it's just "ok.. so i guess we went out a few times...time to get physical...oh look, this is kinda a waste of time because I don't really like you/not developing feelings towards you"
    I don't want to come off as an ass, but i'm having a hard time falling in love/liking girls (I don't know if it's me, or them.. but probably a combo of both)

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Start a blog. Works for me :dunno: