SRS Whats worst having no friends or having bad friends?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Nolimitation, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Nolimitation

Nolimitation Guest

I have good friends but they're to busy from work and some of them are around the world. So basically whats worst don't have a social life or chill with bad friends?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Bad friends tend to make you do bad things. I'd say neither is good to have... but if I had to choose... go with no social life >.<

I've seen a lot of good people dragged down because of their "friends."

Just put yourself out there. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to people or to starta conversation with someone. If you are just standing waiting on line to do something, turn to the person next to you and say something. Start a conversation and introduce yourself. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. In the end, who really cares if you look like an idiot?

3. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

From another thread, same post but applicable:

4. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Bad friends = no.

No social life = no.

Trying to obtain a good social life = yes.

5. 7960

7960 New Member

bad friends are worse.........if I can't trust somebody i'd rather have nobody.

6. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Like a marriage.

People think, relationship = winner, single = loser.

I think, Good Relationship = Winner, Bad Relationship = Loser, Single = you are still in the race.

7. 7960

7960 New Member

yep........if someone really pushed me to name all my real friends I'd probably only have 4, maybe 5. I have tons of acquiantances but if push came to shove I'm not sure what they'd do. If I was in a jam and called one of those 5 they'd be there, no questions. That's the difference for me.

Same on the other end...if one of those 5 called me I'd be there, no hesitation. If one of the acquiantances called and I'd do what I could for them but I wouldn't go out of my way.

8. rfh625

rfh625 New Member

i had bad friends and they have brought me down there with them. i am in a bad situation because i dont like the friends i grew up with and there is virtually no1 else around me. i cannot wait to go to college next year and meet better, more intelligent people. i have been spending a lot of time by myself and its much better than getting in trouble and getting high and drunk to have fun.

9. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Real talk.....

10. Gregsaidthat

You will come to notice that your bad friends will end up sucking at life! They will find nothing better to do but get high and drunk! Some life huh? Make something of yourself. If that means sitting at home all by yourself then so be it! Better then spending money on drugs and beer all the time. Think smart and you will be good!

11. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

If you notice, you will go to these people and tell them you have gone completely straitedge, and they will treat you like shit or POOF they are gone out of your life.

They are shallow materialistic people. These type of people have recommended me cheating on my girlfriend (I ended up being cheated on, I do not feel like the fool though :mamoru: ). Many of the ones I know that only get high or drunk... well marijuana and alcohol did not cut it for them. Now it is E, Acid, Coke, or crack. I do not underestimate them doing ice.

These are people who are trying to mask pain. They probally would sing the same old pychological song (something bad happened to them) but no one will listen.

Some of them are just there for company, and could give a shit less about the drugs. I was like that.

But they are not good people. They cannot and will not be there for you. I hated thinking I will be the one encouraging being sober and finding straitedge friends. But I realise it was just my mask of addiction hating the idea of being sober that propegated this myth.

100% Sober people are stronger, more interesting, more intelligent and most of the time have great morals or ethics. Of course they should be screened like most people, however I find sober friends ALWAYS better friends. And I have lost good sober (best) friends from being who I was yesterday.

Keep up the good work. Do not stay home alone all the time, it is not healthy. I would not start clubbing to make friends. It becomes a cyclic existance of drinking and partying, and not truley making friends.

Bible study groups, joining the best gym you can find, taking (pay to go) university courses of your interest that last 4-8 weeks, college or university itself, going to the library and striking up conversation with intelligent people, and being in areas of learning or self improvement great increase success in finding friends.

Staying home alone all the time will make you feel depressed, I guarantee it. Occupy that bright mind of yours.

All the best,

:bigthumb:

12. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

Bad friends are worse, from personal experience.

13. Gregsaidthat

I agree with that line. I have some very very intelligent friends who drink maybe once a week. Just to ease the mind of work and etc. You have to find people with your same interests or you will live a boring an unhappy life. Something you don't want to do!

14. dmcgill

dmcgill New Member

chill and be your own independent for a little while. trust me, it's a lot better than hanging out with deadbeats.

15. cope

cope GETONMYHYPE

most of my friends just do drugs all day every day and when im kicking it with that crowd i just end up doing a lot of drugs and popping bottles non stop until i black out completely etc

i would say having bad friends is worse than none :\

16. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

I've met several long lasting friends who are probably more straight laced than I am at bars and clubs. :dunno:

What are we defining "bad friends" as? People who pressure you into doing things you don't want to? Or ones that aren't really "good" friends, and are sort of just there when there's no one else for them to hang out with.

If it's the latter, I don't see anything wrong with having them, as long as both parties are aware it's a "backup" sort of situation, and no one should be counting on the other.

If it's the former, avoid them. Not that I agree with the people saying "People who are completely sober are better", because I don't - but that's a debate for another time, in another place.

However, the fact still stands that if you're being pressured into things you don't want to do, they're having a negative influence on you, no matter your position on alcohol, drugs, or riding motorcycles upside down going 754 mph.

17. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

I recently went back to where I used to live and caught up with all my old buddies. Every single one of them has degenerated. They're all still drinkin every night, most of them are into drugs as well now, every last one of them is pathetic.

I mean, its one thing to get drunk every night when you're 18, its quite another to get drunk every night when you're 25

18. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Exactly. I went through my teenage phase of drinking, doing drugs (all), and all that shit.

When I hit 20 I realised it is not fun anymore. Where is our huge possy we used to have fun with? Oh yeah everyones working and we aren't teenagers anymore, so we do not go around like that.

Oh... we sit around and smoke pot or drink in an apartment... and play video games or watch TV.

Oh... this isn't going to change.

Hmm.

(this is what I did)

Stopped buying all drugs, stopped drinking. Started seeking out really sober ass people, I mean Christian type people, youth group people age 18-22 (I am 20).

Now I can go around in a possy, and have fun again. Obviously they are against getting completely wacked all the time. Obviously, I will probally have some fun and make a lot of good friends. Since I am straitedge now, what a better complement to my life?

19. Gregsaidthat

The only thing that can be done here is that you just have to look forward and try not to incounter these people!

They're no good. Plain and simple!