what's worse?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Vixxen, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

saying goodbye or just disappearing?

2. gkremian

gkremian New Member

I would say just disappearing.. because it causes more long term problems. At least saying goodbye is more painful at the short term, but better in the long run.

3. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

like what?

4. gkremian

gkremian New Member

Just disappearing, lets say, from a relationship, leaves the person hanging with no closure. They have no idea what they did wrong, nothing to understand what happened or why, it's just like one day .. you up and leave. They are left shattered and have to mend everything with explanation, no reason why. Plus, the person doesn't know it's coming until ... poof, you're gone. And they have nothing to fix except everything, because they don't know what the problem was.

At least with saying goodbye, they understand that its over and have a little bit of a shot to prepare themselves for the hurt. You can explain yourself to them, if you so choose, but at least give them the decency and respect to treat them like a person and say goodbye.

That help, or should I come up with something more specific? I pulled that from the air.

5. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

it did. a bit. i see what you're saying and i have had someone just disappear and i hated it, but in this instance i don't think it would be a surprise

6. gkremian

gkremian New Member

Just because disappearing would be expected doesn't mean it is what you should do. It's disrespectful, in my opinion, and the better thing to do would definitely be the harder thing to do.:hsd: