MMA what's up with the younger generation of TEAM QUEST?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by adrenalin112, Jun 17, 2006.

1. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

tanner & couture were 2 of, if not THE classiest champions & veterans that mma has ever had.

and for the most part, lindland maintained a high level of maturity.
    except for:
    1. his outburst after a fight on live tv, about tuf fighters getting unfair opportunities. YES, he had a point. But BIG mistake on what 'platform' he decided to air his opinion.
    2. he was cornering bj penn for the fight against gsp. And again after the fight he decides to volunteer his UN-INVITED opinion, that bj should have won the fight on the simple fact alone that gsp was cut more than bj was. :ugh2:
    but like i said, superb fighter, 98% classy, with only occaisonal lapses of judgment.

But still, Ed Herman & Leben are far & away complete kids compared to their team quest predecessors. While leben is doing a better job of changing his image, he is showing more maturity that he's working hard to develop his game, has winning close fights by having more heart & desire... It's still gonna be alot of work to get that image of a boozing kid out of peoples minds.

And the image of Ed (partly thanks for TUF) is a boozing braggart. hopefully, he gets his act together :x:

i gotta alot of respect for quest :bowdown:

2. Kuet

Kuet New Member

lets not forget dan henderson too !!!

3. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

I think it has more to do with their upbringing than anything. From TUF1, they mentioned Leben not having a father which I think plays a major role in his personality. Not sure about Herman though.

4. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

i'm not comparing their fighting... im comparing their attitudes.

the veteran guys have worked hard to establish a very respected image for the camp. not just in fighting skill, but the way they respect the other fighters, their own bodies, & the complete sport of mma.

hell, randy's new career is as an ambassador for MMA. he's working to get the sport sanctioned in the remaining states that currently do not allow mma. he's doing interviews talking about how safe the sport is & how it's competitors arent drunken brawlers, but rather are very mature highly skilled individuals. (fun fact: we all know rich was a math teacher, but not only does randy have a college degree, but chuck has a bachelor's in accounting :mamoru: :bigthumb: )

anyways, i just see the behavior of herman as disrespect to the others in his camp.

5. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

first, editing can only be blamed for so much...
    yeah, i know about the broken home thing from the "fatherless bastard" portion. But that's just a cop out, people that come from structured "happy" homes can be just as screwed up, if not more.

on another note, i often travel to the portland, OR area :bowdown: they seriously dont mess around when it comes to drinking. I dont think its possible to ever be more than a block away from a bar in that city. And oh the beer they make there is so so so good. :yum: :bowdown:

so yeah, there's plenty of excuses for why leben could be the way he was on the show (but of all the tuf1 guys, i think he has changed/improved the most).

6. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

youre right, i thought i typed in 'hendo' when i made the thread :o

7. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

hendo, tanner, lindland and leben arent part of team quest i thought. i read in tanner's and hendo's blog that they werent on myspace. also, leben trains out of amc pankration now. i forgot where i read about lindland not being part of it, seeing as now he's been spotted training with rampage.

im not 100% sure, so dont get mad if im wrong.

8. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

leben's gotten his act together and ed seemed more mature in the last episode. :dunno:

9. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

yeah, theyre not all there anymore. But they all spent alot of time there together... just figured that some of the older guy's habits would be implanted in the younger guys.