WHats up with the games?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by flakedsvt, Apr 7, 2007.

1. flakedsvt

flakedsvt New Member

THere is this girl I hung out with a few times socially. After the third time seeing her I ask her if I can take her out to dinner she says yes and I get the digits. This was on St Patricks day and my ex ex (meaning a serious girlfriend between us) sees us "hitting it off", she freaks out because I won't go home with her and makes a HUGE scene. The next day (sunday) I call the girl (whos number I got the night before) to make sure she got home ok, she does'nt answer or call me back. Monday I send her a text message and shes into it again. I ask her if we are still on for dinner and shes down. Then before setting a date I get the flu and don't talk to her till thursday. On thursday I ask if shes available Friday but she's not. The weekend goes by and Sunday night I text her to see how her weekend was and yet again she sounds interested. We make plans to go meet friends at tehh bar on Wednesday. I text her monday asking how her day was=no response. Wednesday I text her to see if we are still on=nothing. Deleted her number and have'nt figured out what the hell happened. What do you think happened?

2. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

friendzoned

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

You're wishy-washy on setting up dates and you called her too much. IMO. Set a date the first time and leave it at that till you see her in person. And give her time to miss you after you leave.

Plus she probably didn't like your baggage (crazy bitch ex).

Or maybe she wasn't all that interested to begin with, but even if she was, the above is certainly enough to turn a girl off.

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

You (1) called too soon and (2) called WAY too much and (3) made a date for a Friday signaling that you have no other plans for a Friday AND it's a heavy date night which means you wanted to just fuck her and (4) you never asked her on a date, you told her you'd take her to dinner which means you wanted to buy her company, like she was a whore [hint: next time ask her on a date for a drink, nothing more] and (5) making plans to meet with friends is NOT a date.

You made every mistake in the book EXCEPT for not calling her when you were sick. Here's the deal: Wait 5-7 days before calling, make a CHEAP date for drinks/snacks on a weekDAY night, and only call her once to make plans. Do not call to check in and see if she made it home (creepy, you're not her dad!), do not text message, do not leave any message other than "This is Hank, call me back, 555-1212.", and if she does not call you back or is otherwise non-responsive then toss her number. You struck out like 6 times, most guys get the clue after 1-2 strikes with a woman. Shoot for one, you wasted way too much time on her.

She's not friendzoning you, she's totally not into you in any way. Probably because you came across too quick and too creepy and too stalker-ish. One call is all you need. Then move on, unless there is some extraordinary circumstance and she basically begs you to forgive her (i.e. a REAL death in the family, a REAL car wreck, and you KNOW she is not lying.) Otherwise, find someone who is interested in you. :)

5. flakedsvt

flakedsvt New Member

lol thats all I needed to hear.

She was the first real prospect since I moved out of my girlfriends place (3 months prior). I am a little rusty I guess...

Thanks for the advice I'll keep ya posted.

John

ps I laughed outloud like three times while reading the third response

6. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

low interest

personally i don't delete numbers because i want to know who is calling me

7. NCS

NCS Active Member

low interest ^^

when i know i have low interest but had to rush for a number, i never text. i get them on the phone so they are reminded of what kind of person i am. 2 minute long conversation, and make a date.

8. GRocks10

GRocks10 New Member

She's not interested because of your ex making a scene and she didn't want to deal with it.

Second flag, you're trying to get to know this girl better and spending time setting up dates through text messages? What are we, in middle school here or something? I would've friendzoned you just on the fact that you weren't mature enough to handle a conversation live on the phone but instead had to rely on using text messages as a means of communication.. a text here and there, no big deal.. setting up dates through them = BIG MISTAKE, it doesn't make it feel personable and she probably figured it didn't feel like something relationship material would do.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  9. flakedsvt

flakedsvt New Member

Good point, no text messages. I guess I'm just used to communicating with friends thru text messaging, and did'nt think that much about it.

10. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

while i think you phone game was weak, I think you are underestimating how much damage was done by your ex.

11. flakedsvt

flakedsvt New Member

Agreed especially because this chick is quiet/shy...

12. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: I wouldn't wanna talk to a guy if he had a psycho like that in the picture. It's not worth the trouble.