COMIC What's up OTCC? v. been a while

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Nader_D, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Nader_D

Nader_D HAHAHEHHUH ---- POOOHhHhHHCHhh! OT Supporter

Hey! haven't posted in here in a while so I figured I'd do an update on what I've been reading and my thoughts.

Walking Dead
    As most of you know, this is fucking crazy. That's the only way to describe it right now. "No one is safe anymore" is what Kirkman is doing for the next arc and personally I'm excited to see what comes out of it.

Batman
    Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul. For me, this is cool as I just recently added the Batman to my sub. So since its a series wide story I've picked up the robin night wing detective comics stuff that is all in the run. I really like it as this is all new exposure to background and tie stories for this. I may now venture into more superhero stuff :bigthumb:

DMZ/100 Bullets
    Both great stories. DMZ being the easier to follow of course on a monthly basis. If you don't know what DMZ is about you should definitely check it out. 100 Bullets was the first comic I read that stole my evenings from me. THe story in this one is all over the place, so if you are looking to get into it I'd honestly wait until the series is done to read it. Very entertaining and keeps you thinking.

http://www.amazon.com/DMZ-Vol-Groun...bs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195785772&sr=1-2
    http://www.amazon.com/100-Bullets-V...bs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195785814&sr=1-2

Theres more, but by this point you probably don't want to read anymore.

The last thing I wanted to talk about is a trade called Cairo by G. Willow Wilson and M.K Perker.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.amazon.com/Cairo-G-Willow-Wilson/dp/1401211402
    No idea who they were but I'm Arab and this definitely interested me. So I picked it up despite its price. For me it was an amazing read and great outlook on the way people think in the eastern areas of the world.

Whats up with the rest of you? :wiggle:

2. Nader_D

i knew it was too much reading :o

3. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

who are you again?

4. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

Robin sucks, drop it when it's over. They tend to ruin characters in that book. And boycott Beechen.

5. Nader_D

just recently joined OTCC, never ventured out of offtopic subforum, and i figured since i do read comics id whore it up in here. been about 2 months since i posted in here.

found out 2 people from work read comics....got them both hooked on Preacher right now, and one of the guys hooked on Y the Last man and Walking Dead :bowdown:

6. Nader_D

i figured, to be honest batman / detective comics is really the only ones on my sub. even superman i can only handle in small doses. ive been putting allstar superman to the side for a while now :o

I think Ennis has kind of killed super heroes for me :rofl: the boys is fucking hilarious so i kinda go in and :mamoru: at super hero stuff.

7. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

Does that include Chuck Dixon's run? I never read him on Robin, but liked him on Nightwing. He is coming back to Robin :noes:

8. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

I just figured that since Beechen ruined the DC universe for me in OYL Robin, I'd just boycott Robin for all that is holy.

9. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member