SRS Whats "Too Soon"?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dreams2Reality, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

I've been talking to a few females friends here and there, some of which are pretty intriguing. I just got out've a relatively serious relationship and I'm not sure if another one is what I want just yet.. It's been about a month now. (edit more info) I want to start exploring my options but not get hooked up again.

I don't want to lead girls on, but, alot've girls don't want to get involved with a guy who is "testing the water". How do I keep myself level headed without being misleading?

2. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

I, too, would like to know the answer to this question. I don't want to subconsciously attach myself to someone new just because they are new, but because deep down I genuinely want to be with them...

3. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Just be completely honest and upfront with them. Everything you wrote in that post you can say to someone. Sure, you might lose out on spending time with girls that are on the hunt for a serious relationship, but you could meet some great girls that are in the same place in life.

4. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Don't bring up the what are we stuff until they ask. Meet girls, go out and have fun, there's no need for all the serious talk right away. If they are looking for a serious relationship they will let you know. If they don't say anything about it then assume they are just looking for something casual like you are. And yes a month is way too soon to be thinking of having another relationship.

Don't start acting like their bf either. Don't call every day or try to see them too often. Talking to/seeing a girl once or twice a week is enough, any more than that and she'll start thinking you want a relationship.

5. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Oh hell no. Hahaha, I know better! I've been told time and time again that I'm "too sweet for my own good" and after my past relationship, I'm NOT getting walked on again. I'm changing my ways, I need more backbone instead of this "nice guy" all the time.

But yeah, I guess I'll avoid any relationship talk unless it's brought up by the female.

Good point, thanks.