What's the worst all-time racing movie?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Tavo38, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Tavo38

Tavo38 Guest

It's a toss up for me between "Driven" and "The Fast and the Furious".

What's yours, and why?

2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

:werd:

Gran Prix can nevar loose!!!

3. Tavo38

Tavo38 Guest

You thought Gran Prix sucked?

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Uh...no...it kicked ass...best racing movie evar!

5. Tavo38

Tavo38 Guest

Yeah, I agree. But that's why I was confused. See, the topic here is worst movies... :)

6. DAMIEN

DAMIEN Guest

I've seen Driven, Fast and Furious and Days of Thunder. I can't think of another racing movies.

The worst racing movie? I have to go with "Driven". There's no plot and it was just a ploy to bring more attention from the general public to open-wheel racing. Before you F-1/CART/IRL fans get mad at me, I was talking about the movie's plot and acting, not the actual racing event itself.

What about "Smokey and the Bandit"? LOL, now that was a silly movie. Don't forget about "The Gumball Rally". I liked the racing action but the acting sucked.

7. Quog

Quog YOU!!!

Fast and the Furious. Because it is a supposed "real situations" movie that is pure fantasy. At least Driven was somewhat plausible.

8. Guido The Penguin

Guido The Penguin Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.

Driven without a doubt is the worst 'car-racing' movie of all time, hands down, sign it official, stamp, sealed, delivered......

Now some of the shots of the actual, non-computer graphics crap enhanced racing in Driven was nice, :bigthumb: Some of the camera angles used to catch the real cars going by were great.

But some of the CG cars made me laugh with the stuff they made them do. It was so un-realistic it made it even more of a worse off movie.

The movie as a whole was utter crap. I'd put it somewhere with Battlefield Earth and Waterworld.

Days of Thunder isn't great either, but at least it has some acting to hold it together, and anything involving Nicole Kidman half naked has to be good. :naughty:

Fast and Furious I really dont consider a car-racing movie. Its just another one of those teen-angst movies that is overly dramatic.

9. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

you men you cant relay stay air borne long enough to have the entire feild drive under you :rofl:

10. Guido The Penguin

Nor do they cartwheel for 1/2 a mile before launching 200 feet into the air and landing in a pond....

Nor do you have one car take to the air when two cars crash head-on......

I think another thing that kinda bugged me was the character Burt Reynolds played. Not Burt Reynolds acting, but the character. If you have a rookie thats winning 5-6 races, you KEEP him, not try to pass him off because he had an incident on the track.

Nor do you play musical chairs with your cars and drivers all season......

11. You haven't witnessed crap untill you've seen R.P.M.

12. Tavo38

Tavo38 Guest

Here are some other awful ones I was just thinking about:

Stroker Ace - Burt Reynolds as a stock car driver. Awful, awful movie. Loni Anderson appears in bra, though.

Days of Thunder - I agree it was cool seeing Nicole Kidman with a swee n low packet on her nekkid thigh, but jeez what a stupid movie.

Cannonball Run 2 - The first one was great but they really hosed up the second one.

Smokey and the Bandit 2 - Same deal. Some of you may not think Somkey and the Bandit is a racing move but I do... in any case, this iteration sucked, though the first one was great.

There seems to be a theme here... Burt Reynolds has been in an awful lot of crappy racing movies.

Thunder Road sucked, altough Robert Michum is always cool...

What was that one with Richard Pryor as Wendell Scott, Greased Lightning? That one wasn't too bad. But it was a long way from good, IMHO.

13. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

any one rember the movbie walnut road

14. Stupify

Stupify OT Supporter

:rofl: That movie did suck, but I wouldn't really call it a racing movie though :dunno:

15. vw16vcabby

vw16vcabby New Member

deathrace 2000. a 70's flick w/ sly stallone pre rocky glory. car action was kinda neat- run people over for points. but the acting sucked! even w/ david carradine (sp?)

16. a2vwnick

a2vwnick VW Motorsports

actually, go rent the driven dvd. watch the deleted scenes, then watch them again with slys commentary. you will see that they had to edit out ALOT of the plot. after watching the deleted scenes, i think driven is one of the better racing movies.

17. XTsGirl

XTsGirl Guest

Fast and the Furious it is pure fantasy and was just really not a good movie at all just another way to bring young kids into a theater
    :down:

18. Guido The Penguin

You mean the movie could have been WORSE???? :eek3: :barf:

19. Nick6

Nick6 New Member

Fast and the Furious! I have only seen about 10 minutes of it, and it sucks balls :rant2:

20. sleev

sleev It's sleep, life, and death It's speed, coke, and

"gone in 60 seconds" blew chunks. I guess thats not really a race movie, but more of a car movie.

Have you guys seen corvette summer w/Mark Hamill?

21. edrox

edrox A good man, and thorough

holy crap. I had almsot forgotten that awful, awful moive. Thanks a lot sleev..

22. i agree corvette summer, had to one of the stupidiet movies ever & i do agree fast n furious is retarded.. blow the weld on the intake.. ok i don't think he had a sheetmetal intake, and rip apart the block to get tot he piston rings you fried.. or the worst yet.. a wheelie but doing a burnout at the same damn time.. i mean come on..

23. 911turboscabriolet

911turboscabriolet New Member

:rofl: :rofl:

24. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Has anyone ever seen Landspeed? I had the unfortunate opportunity to watch this movie on late night cable a month or so ago. It sucked. Alot.

25. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

torque