What's the statute of limitation...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by timberwolf, Jan 5, 2010.

1. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

before you can no longer criticize who your friend is dating, based on looks alone? :mamoru:

2. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

moles... they do me in EVERY time.. mostly if its on the face.. or neck.

3. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

4. JoJoBee

timberwolf, stop saying to mah man that he needs to reel in a different fish... not cool.

:wtc:

5. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Backstory: One of my friend's recently introduced me to this unattractive girl he apparently just started dating. At first I thought she must just be a friend. I was even reluctant to ask if he's dating her because I thought it might come across as offensive in the sense that "You think I would date THAT???"
    But apparently he is dating THAT.:mamoru:

6. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

:mamoru:

I have my reasons to sabotaging your relationship.:naughty:

7. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

In all honesty ... its not your business. He must like her for some reason or another. If he is happy you should be happy for him.

8. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

oh man :o

I don't think you can, really :hs: I've dated someone/people that I was clearly better looking than just because I liked them so much, and when my friends criticized me it really pissed me the hell off. It's not like I'm blind, I knew I was better looking, but I was overwhelmingly attracted TO them I didn't care. It's really not fun to hear your friends tell you how "much better you can do."

The only way I'll criticize someone's dating choice is based upon behavior - if they're a horrible fit or don't treat them well enough [which could be based on many different things]. I think it's best to leave the looks thing alone, unless this person is so overwhelmingly kicked no amount of personality could make up for it, lol.

I have a friend, for example, that's getting married on Sunday to an ugly 40 something year old. I did tell her my reservations based upon behavioral traits, but never once did I mention his looks.

9. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

EXACTLY, I actually think it's rude to criticize someone your friend is dating only based on looks. Honestly, I never criticize my friends dating choices, unless they are abusive or something. If they are happy and he treats them well, I want to be there for them and be supportive.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  10. lawngn0me

lawngn0me In every wish and dream and happy home, you will f

Just don't do it. I felt bad enough when I would tell my friend to cut it off with his cheating ex gf. Granted, there was all kinds of reasons he SHOULD have broken up with her but just never did.

Oh well, that dumb broad got what she deserved. My friend and her broke up, then she got with some other douchebag. She left him without saying a word (after fucking her for maybe 2 weeks). Then she went and got married to some other asshole. This other guy is sure to have like 5 different STDs.

But yeah, just don't do it.

11. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

If he is your really close friend, you can rag him until you are both wrinkly old men. :mamoru: If you aren't that close, rag him a couple times and give someone else a chance. :)

12. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Well he did ask me for my opinion of her after I'd met her a couple times.
    My reply was 'She seemed really nice.' I stayed away from making any comments about appearance.

Now...just for arguments' sake... if you're at a bar, and your friend points out a woman he's going to make a move on... can you then say " How much have you had to drink?"

13. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Bah, it's funny to hear you talk about it, but in reality it's kind of lame to make fun of who someone is dating based on looks alone. :dunno:

14. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

fucked up man

15. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

:rofl:
    Only one of my other friends is actually telling me that I should have said something.

16. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

If you know your friend is already dating someone, I think you should stay out of it. BUT if they want to start dating or make a move I think you can be honest about looks. :dunno:

17. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

One of the things that impresses me about my cousin (the one I'm always talking about here) is that he sorta sees through that bullshit too. Like one night we were out at the bar together and there's this fairly large girl sitting beside us.

And he sat there and flirted with her all night long and we discovered that she really was a pretty cool chick. She went to the bathroom at some point and he looks over at me and says "She is a really cool chick." When she came back and sat down, a little later he says "Look at her, she's beautiful."

At the time, I thought maybe he was just really drunk, but when I looked at her...really looked at her...I saw that he was right. She did have this certain beauty about her. Not that she was my cup of tea (she didn't do much for me), but I could really see what he was saying.

Of course, then later he told me "Hey, she ain't the best looking chick, but she'll fuck the SHIT out of you. I garauntee you that." :rofl:

These are the qualities in my cousin that I would like to develop in myself. :hs:

18. jtrem

jtrem Active Member

You can make fun of anyone that your friend doesn't have feelings for. Otherwise kind of fucked up seeing that he is emotionally invested in it and it is basically a knock on him.

19. Holliday

Holliday New Member

I have completely different taste than most of my friends when it comes to women so we can't really make fun of each other's choices. Then again, if we had EXACTLY the same preference I wouldn't feel bad ripping someone a new one. All in good taste of course.

20. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Agreed.
    Now... what about after just one date?

21. lawngn0me

lawngn0me In every wish and dream and happy home, you will f

All lights are green on that one.

22. JoJoBee

:naughty::naughty::naughty: I knew it!!!

23. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Saying something regarding looks of a girl your friend has been on 1 date with = I wouldn't. It's his choice, and if something develops between them he might be resentful towards you.

Saying something regarding looks of a friends g/f = NOOOOOO!! That's a sure-fire way to ruin the friendship.

Saying something regarding looks of a chick your friend spotted out in a bar and has plans to "spit game at" = It's your duty to let him know before-hand she's not that attractive. I've let friends on dry-spells go home with busted up chicks before. The next day they always say "why did you let me do that" :rofl:

But you also have to remember Timber.... Not all of your friends are shredded to the bone, Fabio haired, carved out of granite, Asian gods.
    You've gotta give them some room to work and not impose your own standards on them. That's just shitty.

24. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

One time I was with a friend who hooked up with a busted chick. The next day, both his brothers were on my case as to why I let it happen. My reply :"I was even more drunk than him, and I thought it must be the alcohol making her look that bad."

Seriously though, its just in the past my friend seemed to go for women quite abit more attractive. So just surprised and it brought up an interesting discussion among my other friends. Again only one has said I should say something. Though one I've shown her pics to that had also agreed I can't say anything ...the response had been something along the lines of "Oh... damn. Yeah, even then.... you still can't say anything."

25. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

my friend (a girl) straight up pulled my other friend (a guy) off of a chunky(not even fat) girl after we left the bars :rofl: