MIL What's the standard gun used in the U.S. Army?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kingpinEX2, Apr 3, 2006.

1. kingpinEX2

kingpinEX2 Guest

Is it the M4... and if so, does it come standard-equipped with grenade launchers.

2. GiRaff3

GiRaff3 New Member

NO...army issues out M16a2s to the majority...certain units get the M4s, and you will never EVER see an m4 with a grenade launcher, only the m16 can equip that. i bet there is some sort of grenade launcher out there for the m4, but the army doesnt use it, i can tell you that much.

3. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

you are a fucking idiot and/or poser

standard issue to 90% of active duty infantry units now a days is the M4. Some use the M16A4, but not many anymore. Yes you can attach a M203 grenade launcher to a M4 or a M16. my m4 has a 203 on it. hmmmmmmm. dumb ass.

my m4 with 203:

[​IMG]

4. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Wow. Go talk to your team ldr or squad leader and tell him to teach you something.

5. DaRkPhAnToM

i dont even think he is in yet, i think he is in DEP or something in his OT profile, says something about aug 17th. we may have an Army version of Accord on our hands here :noes:

6. DaRkPhAnToM

btw in an Infantry squad, 2 of the 9 people have a grenade launcher.

7. DaRkPhAnToM

lol i just read that again and can't stop laughing

8. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Fuck I hope not. Who knows what other false info he tries to spead around. If hes DEP thats pretty amazing hes already a soldier. Must've already earned his sweet black beret after 9 weeks of basic.

9. Socrates

Socrates New Member

This guy made my day.

10. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Lawl. Even airsofters know thats not true. My fucking sister knows what a 40mm M203 is. :mamoru:

11. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

god damn darkphantom, you have like every rifle known to man?

12. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

i wish the marines would switch over to m4s. :wtc:

13. Socrates

Socrates New Member

:werd:

14. Accord

Accord New Member

oh snap :bowdown: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

15. GiRaff3

GiRaff3 New Member

haha, i love offtopic, capital of assholes in the universe.

i have been in the army 19 months, just got pinned e4. i am a comsec repairer in a non tactical unit, explains why i do not have much experience with the m4. 90% of army, i dont think so. not ONLY infantry is getting sent down there, believe it or not. every single unit that i know from around here, excluding those from scweinfurt, have m16s. signal, trans, etc.

i appreciate you including a pic, because now i know. i ASSUMED like an idiot that the m4 just was not built for a grenade launcher, apparently i was wrong.

believe it or not, there IS another side of the army where people dont blow shit up all of the time, i guess that is me. not so much by choice, i just happened to be one of the RARE 94E (old 35E), who got the opportunity to do depot level work instead of fixing radios all the time like someone normally would in my MOS.

l8rz

16. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

i think it's kind of shitty that the army hands out promotions like candy.

i also think it's kind of shitty that not everyone in the army has basic weapons knowledge and experience.

but then again, different branch different mission different culture.

yut?

17. GiRaff3

GiRaff3 New Member

simply because one of my best friends is a marine, i will leave that part alone...

i have plenty of fucking knowledge, just no hands on with the m4. it is funny, because as i sit here in my office, my usareur calender on the wall has a pic of some soldiers patrolling, one of which has an m4 with grenade launcher, rofl. i honestly never knew.

as far as my promotion, go fuck yourself. i work my ass off every fucking day and i got a waiver. i am not an idiot either, i made a simple assumption that was wrong. i could have googled, but fuck that. i dont look up every fucking thing in my life. i was wrong, now i know, that is learning.

fucking pricks, lol.

18. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

So guys, whats a grenade launcher?

19. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

so what youre saying is you want the army to hold training for all personell to include percentages of weapons issued to all units like, bi monthly, so they can keep up to date?

20. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

Hell if I know, whatever they are the AF does not have them

21. 134k

134k New Member

19 months??? GTFO, holla when you get a combat patch-

22. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

GTFO! A fucking SPC that doesn't know shit about weapons. Your excuse was "because I'm not in a tactical unit" how the fuck did you get your SPC?! You're a soldier first then you do your comsec repair. Someone needs to talk to your NCOs about properly soldiering your dumb ass. Did you know that the Army has grenades other than high explosive ones? Did you know you can make smoke come out of them? Did you know that there are incenerary (sp?) grenades that can melt a hole in your engine block? Jesus, do you even know the Army song?

I wish someone on OT could do something to your NCOs somehow or some way because they're not doing their god damn job. Maybe I can't really blame you too much, its you're NCOs fault, but you should have taken the initiative and been a soldier first and taught yourself about the army's weapons systems.

23. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

there should at least be weapon familiarization.

24. GiRaff3

GiRaff3 New Member

as far as a combat patch goes, prolly wont happen unless i get the chance to volunteer to go over. every now and then my Bn gets the call to send a few soldiers to needy units to go down range. we had one guy from my unit (25 soldiers, yes, tiny) get deployed last year from Sept to Dec. i get out in 2008, and unless i re-enlist, wont happen.

once again, dont fucking judge me, saying i dont know shit about weapons, i know plenty. i didnt know there was a smaller version of the m203, becuase, as i said, i have delt 100% with m16s so far, and i will my entire career. i went to benning for basic, so i am not as far off as you assholes think. i got promoted because i work hard and i do know my shit. if you want to pick out that i dont know shit about the m4, then yes, i do need to learn about it. this awesome experience has motivated me to do so.

intel, you are a dooshbag. unless you are fucking SMA, get off my dick and check yourself. you dont know every damn thing there is in the universe.

i have been in the army 19 months, been at this duty station since june 05, i spent almost all of my time in basic/ait so far. i would say i am coming along pretty well. i came in as a pfc because of my college credits, not tis/tig.

chop me down all you want, your'e a bunch of limp wrists. the word grunt is harsh, so i wont use it. i PICKED my MOS because i want a career of some sort when i get out of the military. those of you who picked the other path, it is your JOB to know every fucking weapon and such. i dont judge you.

i already admitted i made a mistake, i have learned, and it is being corrected. get off my balls, lol.

25. GiRaff3

GiRaff3 New Member

put it this way. MY weapon system is an m16a2, and i know it very well. aside from that, familiarization of the other weapons is all i need. my LANE persay is comsec, i know more about that, than anyone else, excluding maybe my chief. YOUR lane (most likely something combat because you are trying to be a hardass) is combat, so weapon systems and tactics are your priority.

this shit is hilarious. fucking know it alls everywhere. a famous line that makes me laugh...

check down, not up.

whatever your rank is, you probably earned it, since you know it all. i earned mine, leave me the fuck alone =D