SRS Whats the right thing to do in this situation?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by break, Feb 6, 2006.

1. break

break New Member

About 2 months ago I was cheated on by my gf of 5 years, who then broke up with me and is now seeing the guy she cheated on me with who was actually one of my friends.

Anyway, fast forward to now. I bumped into a girl I used to work with in the city the other week and we talked for a bit then she came back home with me that night. Trouble was, I was really drunk and don't remember half the night.

So I wake up with her, but didn't have the heart to tell her there really wasn't anything special between us, that it just happened. I decided instead to give her a chance and get to know her first before I make up my mind.

Its been a week since then and we've hung out a bit, but so far I feel she is pretty clingy and taking the whole thing too seriously. Its starting to freak me out a bit because i'm in a position where I was enjoying being single prior to this.

How should I tackle talking to her about it. I don't want to hurt her feelings and just tell her to 'f**k off' because she is a nice girl, but I need to find a way to explain to her i'm definitely not in a position to get serious with her.

Ideas?

2. hatedbyall

hatedbyall New Member

tell her that you just dont feel comfortable and need some time to think, then don't talk to her for a while and stay away as much as pos.

3. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

You could tell her the truth, but tactfully saying that you simply are not ready for an such close realtionship with her. If there is no spark, then just say it's been fun, but I can't see it working.

4. hatedbyall

hatedbyall New Member

what do you WANT to tell her?

5. break

break New Member

Yeah, I guess I just need to stop procrastinating and actually tell her how I feel.

I guess I just want to tell her I need some space.

I'm still not sure if I should tell her we just need to back off what we have, or if I should just break it up alltogether and try and work things as just friends.

I guess I just need to tell her how I'm feeling.

6. hatedbyall

hatedbyall New Member

try friends and if you still like her then give her another chance most of the time it helps to be friends for a while

7. svetlanalemon

svetlanalemon A little blood and vomit on the car seat...

before she really gets attached to you, if you really feel that you don't want to take the relationship any further, you should lay down how you feel- in the softest way possible of course, but boldly enough that she will understand you...

8. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

Just tell her you're not ready to be in a relationship with anyone at the moment. Gotta let her know before she gets more attached than she is.

9. break

break New Member

I've had a word to her.

I told her I do enjoy the time we spend together, but I said that I didn't really know her and needed to get to know her before we could get serious. I said I'm just not ready to go serious just yet, but I still want to hang out and be friends.

10. hatedbyall

hatedbyall New Member

how did it go?

11. break

break New Member

While she was a little dissapointed, she was otherwise ok with it all and was thankfull I was honest with her.

12. hatedbyall

hatedbyall New Member

see sometimes it is good to tell the truth