Whats the proper thing to say.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ACA, Dec 17, 2005.

1. ACA

ACA Sometimes I feel lonely at night OT Supporter

Yeah I don't date alot. Anyhow, we've been dating just 2 weeks now, only seen her outside of school maybe twice due to her living outside of the city. She's told me 2 or 3 times now that she loves me.

It's weird, what do I say back to that? Tonight she got all anal about it. "What's wrong?" "Nothings wrong..." *pouty sad kinda voice* :rolleyes:

I dunno, if you guys think I should just say it back go ahead. I just thought it was kinda odd to say you love someone when it's only been 2 weeks - hardly enough time to actually decide if you truely do love someone.

2. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

2 weeks hmm... Well be honest about it tell her you really like her but not sure if you love her just yet.

3. Hydro

Hydro Guest

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Sounds like this girl is EXTREMELY clingy if she's saying that kind of stuff so soon. Y'all are young, aren't you?

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

yeah, sounds clingy. just be direct. its only been two weeks, you really like her but you arent going to lie/lead her on by saying you love her. she should respect your repect for her. err...something like that.

out of all the guys ive dated, i only told 1 i loved him. just cause youre dating someone doesnt mean you have to love them. she needs to understan this.

6. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Or perhaps she loves you.. but is not "IN LOVE" with you.. or you could say the same back.. the L word is big and should come with time.

7. BlazinBlazer Guy

OK, and now's when you start getting REALLY confusing. Define a difference between loving and being "in love."

I don't really see one, unless you're talking about the "Love you like a sister/brother" sort of love... in which case he has potentially been friendzoned; whereas on the other and more likely hand it still means love as in a care/respect/attraction/intimate way.

I dunno. The big picture point here though is that if you don't feel like you can openly discuss something like this with her, (meaning you're not comfortable with her) your relationship is doomed already. A successful relationship means you have to communicate with the other person where it doesn't matter what you say or how you say it, because you know the other person cares enough to rationally talk through it and work things out.

8. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

im in a kinda similar situation. i just met this girl a few weeks ago and she was pretty hot so i spit some game...not too much, none of that leading on shit. so i have her in my bed and almost take her v card ....and now she is talking about MARRIAGE. def not even considering that, guess il just have to sexor her up and avoid her clingyness after that:hs:

9. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

alot of girls say I love you alot to just about anything that walks they can love alot of things.. you can love something but not BE IN LOVE with it... I guess maybe it is confusing.

10. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

You have to be pretty young.

I don't know why some people freak out so much about not hearing it back the first time. I actually would rather not hear it back because to me it would seem like a robotic response and not genuine.

When I tell a guy I love him in the beginning, I have no expectations what so ever... now if we go through like 4 months of dating and he still hasn't said somethin... then I'd start to worry but it should come when you are ready on your own time line not hers.... I would rather it was heart felt and sincere than to pressure any guy to say something he doesn't mean.

Two weeks is ludacris to have expectations like that.

11. BlazinBlazer Guy

Yeah, it is, because you still haven't really explained the difference... or even what you are saying that "love" is. To me, I don't "love" many things at all. I "like, enjoy, am obsessed with" many things, and/or people, but I don't "love" them. To me love is something where no matter how much you may hate something or someone at times, you always get over it, regardless. That's not a quality of like or enjoy.

12. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Like for instance.. you've said you LOVE a certain food before.. basically using LOVE as a word for REALLY REALLY LIKE it.

Alot of girls say luv ya or whatever or draw hearts what not mean they like you.. whether it be friends or attraction but they are not IN LOVE with you.

I would think she was leaning towards the IN LOVE but I can't be for sure.

13. ACA

ACA Sometimes I feel lonely at night OT Supporter

Yeah, we're both young. :highschool: She sure as fuck is clingy. Whatever, if she starts talking about marrying THEN I'll get the fuck out of there.

14. BlazinBlazer Guy

Ah, gotcha. I personally don't usually use the term in that way, that's all. I use "great/awesome/excellent/'really cool'/sweet" instead :o