What's the most you have paid, or would pay for a bottle of wine?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Wrigley, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Wrigley

Wrigley New Member

And if it was or would be a lot, justify it! I don't really drink, never have. Wine is one drink I have never once enjoyed, however I accept a lot of people enjoy it and realise that many spend a fair bit of money on it. But why? I can understand a person 'investing' in it to sell it at a better price in the future, but paying hundreds of pounds for a bottle to drink seems to make no sense? Can something taste that good that it's worth paying a large amount of money for, or do people just do it to show they can afford to do it?

So what's the most you would, or have paid for wine and was it really worth it

2. Baited

Baited Fur Ballin OT Supporter

You are fucking stupid and so is this question.

3. Wrigley

Wrigley New Member

well stop posting, dick lick, Chilean red is where its at

4. Gomer

Gomer New Member

Price doesn't matter, quality does, stop posting.

5. level99

level99 Guest

anything less than 5k is garbage

6. pokpok

pokpok New Member

visvim winery:x:

7. Gomer

Gomer New Member

No Quilceda Creek, No Care.

8. epitaphex

epitaphex New Member

i only drink cristal.

9. Ep

Ep Guest

I've had a couple of nice bottles (30$-60$) and it definitely comes down to taste and preference. Excuse my lack of wine terminology because I drink the stuff but don't study up on it.

I appreciate anything that is smooth. With the nicer bottles, you can usually expect the tannins to not be so intense. Also, the finish will be longer on a nice bottle of wine.

The stags leap cab that I had was nice, very smooth and a long finish. Not sure if I would pay the 50$ for it frequently though.

You really can't go wrong with a Chilean cab though. Very smooth and cheap! I've had some great malbecs that were very cheap and bursting with berry flavor.

Once you get to the 75-100$ range you can expect exceptional wines however, just make sure to decanter them a little before drinking.

Btw, one of the best wines I've ever had I bought for 7 euros in france.

10. doolaik

doolaik can anybody out there see me, cuz i cant seem to s

i think the most expensive bottle of wine i bought was $120 (canadian :mamoru:) and it was absolutely worth the price. it had really soft tannins that even my friend (who primarily drinks whites only) really enjoyed it, and didnt find it too dry.

i generally try to stay in the $30-60 range, and save the big money on scotch, but i did enjoy the wine.