GUN What's the most efficient way of finding a particular gun?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SpicyMcVoodoo, Aug 31, 2005.

1. SpicyMcVoodoo

SpicyMcVoodoo New Member

Given that most gun shops don't have online stores, I'm at a loss as to how to search for the particular gun I'd like-- a two-tone, SA XD subcompact with tritium sights.

Am I going to have to call every fucking gun shop in Houston? :ugh:

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

yeah, its not like the car websites, when theyll tell you "there is a green 2002 camry at the toyota dealership down the street".. that would be nice though

you could always go to you favorite shop and have them order one for you :dunno:

3. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Ordering froma local shop is pretty much your only bet, unless you want to use Gunbroker or some other online site, which would then require having it sent to an FFL.

4. SpicyMcVoodoo

SpicyMcVoodoo New Member

So how does this work?

The local gun shop would order it directly from the manufacturer, and the reason they would do it instead of me order from the manufacturer is that the manufacturer cannot sell directly to consumers?

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Personally, screw the shops. I hate to put hard working Americans out of business, but I gotta do what's right for me. Local gun shops are not worth my time. They have yahoos behind the counter who don't know shit and will say almost anything to close a deal. They are "salesmen", not people looking out for those who love the sport.

I visit www.sturmgewehr.com quite regularly; if it can be found, it'll usually pop up on there some time or another in a month's time. Then, as mentioned above, there's Gunbroker. Sometimes dealer's are smokin' crack, but often, you can pay the typical $25 FFL x-fer fee and still come out better. Plus, by going that method, you don't have to listen to some armchair commando telling you that you don't want a XD and what you really want is an 8" Python.

Again, screw the shops; I'll do my business on the web.

6. 7

That all really depends on the shop. I've been to quite a few that were evidently owned by crack smoking monkeys, but there's always one or two that aren't that bad. When I bought my 7mm Mag last year the price from a shop with tax and the price from Gunbroker with s&h was the nearly identical, so I just went with the shop as it was faster and less hassle. I'll admit, the shop owner was an ass, but as I only spent about 15 minutes total time dealing with him it wasn't bad. But yeah, you typically can find better prices online, it just depends on what you're looking for. I've been having a hell of a time finding a good deal on a .308 BLR :hs:

7. soccaian

soccaian New Member

8. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

For XDs you can also check out www.hs2000talk.com
    they are XD specific and they buy and sell between members there. Finding one with factory night sights though is going to be tough. For something like what you want you may be better off just having a local shop order it for you. I would just call the local shops and ask them how much it will be and how long it will take.

9. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

You should try this place

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

They arn't allowed to post guns on the actual web site or something. However, I just got some mags for my sig at a really good price from there and they sent me a catalog with some PHAT prices on handguns, rifle's, shotguns, and acessories, give them a call and i'm sure they'll send out a free catalog for you. They are also in Texas.

10. 7

or you can download their lastest catalog here and check out their PHAT prices :hsugh:

11. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Good lookin' out :cool:

12. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

most gun shop workers are fucking idiots, thats true, but I have one nearby, its about 20 minutes away, hes an older gentlemen that doesnt do much business.. he likes it that way.. his shop is out in the boonies, so he only gets real gunowners in there, not idiots that happen to mosey off the highway and stop in. He has great prices, and he'll order anything I want from the surplus sites, like SOG or AIM.

:bigthumb:

13. kalm823

kalm823 He who lives on hopes dies of starvation

14. My Dixie Wrecked

My Dixie Wrecked STFU & get the ball!!! OT Supporter

15. 7

most places I've seen that get their guns through davidsons generally have shitty prices :hsugh:

16. kalm823

kalm823 He who lives on hopes dies of starvation

That's why I go through Davidson's and not through the store