TAT Whats the healing like with tongue piercings?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by cuttin' wax, Nov 6, 2007.

1. cuttin' wax

cuttin' wax New Member

Im wanting to get mine double pierced, one on each side... i think some people call them "venoms" or whatever. Anyways, would i have to cut out drinking for a couple weekends or smoking at all if i decided to do this?

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

yes and yes

3. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

5-10 weeks healing time. Its a muscle injury, basically, so some people can experience muscle tenderness for a period of about a week but that varies with activity (ie: excessive use, ignoring your aftercare instructions, dehydration, alcohol abuse..)and from person to person.

Its important to refrain from open mouth kissing or oral sex. You also need to consider habits like biting on fingernails or chewing on pens/pencils. We also strongly recommend you do not share drinks, food or eating utensils with anyone.

Most oral piercings are accompanied by swelling during the healing process. For this reason, longer jewelry lengths are required during this initial period. You should downsize your tongue piercing 2-3 weeks after the piercing. This will help protect you from damaging your teeth and gums. To ease discomfort and reduce swelling, an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen helps. Cold drinks like shakes and slurpees/smoothies work great but be advised not to use a straw as this can disturb the blood clot. Also, keep your body well hydrated. Dehydration causes increased swelling. This is ESPECIALLY relevant if you consume alcohol. As far as smoking goes, its an ugly habit and will eventually kill you. ;) Additionally,smoke and heat on a fresh piercing are not recommended. I dont expect you to change your lifestyle for a piercing, however, so just smoke as much as you need to be comfortable but avoid that extra cigarette you smoke because youre bored or because your friends are smoking.

4. cuttin' wax

cuttin' wax New Member

good info, thanks!