Whats the GENERAL CONSENSUS with you guys that diet seriously on REFEED days.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Patrick Bateman, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Active Member

Basically, I've posted my diet here before, nothing crazy under 75 grams of carbs per day consisting of brown rice, oats and a little fruit in relation to carbs, higher fats and high protein obviously. one day out of the week, I refeed.

Here is my question. What do you more advanced guys feel works better for you out of these three options on your refeed days:

A) Drop the fats completely and consume a plethora of carbohydrates consisting of white rice, pasta, pancakes, breads, bagels, rice cakes, pretzels, ETC.

B) Have ONE cheat meal consisting of EVERYTHING under the sun fats, carbs, proteins. (i.e. IHOP - pancakes, syrup, sausage, bacon, eggs, steak, etc. or five guys - two cheeseburgers with the works + fries, etc)

C) A full day consisting of EVERYTHING, so for 4-5 meals something like what I posted above, a full out day of binging.

I've been sticking to A or B depending on how I ate that week and whatmy body is telling me in relation to my energy levels/strength that week. Never C. (thus far)

I presume if I lower my carbs under 50 which is very low for me, I can do a C on refeeds, but I havent had the need yet.

Any input would be cool. :cool:

What I do is seemingly working and has worked in the past, but getting more knowledge and seeing what has worked/the new consensus never hurts for me.

2. Patrick Bateman

I personally know guys that also just simply DONT refeed. One of my buddies thinks im an idiot when I even mention it, I also havent seen him grow (as ripped and as good as he looks) for years. Another interesting point. And I always ask him how the fuck he A. enjoys training with such minimal carbs in his system, B. breaks any PR's gets stronger to produce more muscle at any time of the year. He just insists his body is used to it and he doesnt need it. I disagree and think hes an idiot personally. No refeeding whatsoever is just goddamn dumb.

3. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

In for answer

4. TheMarchHare

TheMarchHare OT Supporter

5. Bodhi

Bodhi My crotch is red .. my lambos blue .. and ill be g

i know guys that go clean as hell all week .. then eat wendy's all weekend .. then i know guys who eat wendy's all week .. and then hit up BK on the weekend .. still look the same

.. last weekend I just basically ate my face off .. 4 meals .. didn't care about fats .. proteins .. or carbs .. woke up this morning .. still around 152ish .. still had abs .. felt alright .. dick was a lil sore from dry fucking the kevin levrone pic i have on my sheets ..

some people respond better when they eat like a normal human on the weekend .......

6. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

a refeed is generally denoted as A) on your list as most refeeds have to deal with ckd type diets, 5 days low carb/high fat, one day high carb/no fat.
    On refeed days for me when dieting it was best to do like 500g carbs and low fat as possible.

7. Patrick Bateman

understood..........thats generally what most diets say to do, however i know a lot of bros that swear by B and C for whatever reasons.

8. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

A or C for me. B always leads to C.
    I'm not aiming for 0g fat on A days either... just keeping it under 50g.

9. Patrick Bateman

i was hoping you'd respond, bro. thank you for that.

can you tell me what your fats are on regular days? 150-ish? or less? and do you eat red meat often?

10. Patrick Bateman

and I TOTALLY know what you mean about B leading to C :rofl:

11. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Two or three McGangbangs, fo shoe

12. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

regular low carb days its been anywhere from as low as 75g to almost double...140's. On these low carb days, I try to get my protein grams to be equal to or greater than the sum of my fat grams and carb grams.
    And I eat alot of red meat... lately 2-3 patties of angus burgers per day.

13. Patrick Bateman

:bowdown: thanks again bud.

14. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

I'm currently doing 17 meals with nothing but fiber carbs, then a monster carb meal as my 18th meal. This is what I'm doing

Breakfast: Oh Yeah RTD, 12 almonds, handfull of blueberries
    2-5: Chicken, almonds, asparagus
    6: Same as breakfast, minus berries

Repeat for 2.5 days. My carb meal is eaten in this order and these amounts:

1 Insopro
    4oz asparagus
    3/4 cup of oatmeal dry
    18 almonds
    10-12oz of Sweet Potato
    18 almonds

I've used this plan numerous times when dieting down and even for an ectomorph like me, it has worked. I've put tons of people on a similar style diet and seen it work great for them, but everyone is different.

For my lifestyle this diet is perfect for me.

15. Patrick Bateman

so your "monster" carb meal consists of sweet potato and dry oats? what are your stats if you dont mind me asking? height/weight/bf%/arm size?

16. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

Make fun of it all you want, it works for me. Like I said, you can adjust it to your own body weight. There's shittons of info on the cutdiet on bb.com so you can find what refeed would be right for you based on bodyweight.

Stats, lanky, always have been. I'm about 5'10, stay around 170 and single digits. If I don't workout and eat pure crap food, I'll lose weight and be 150. My brother is 1-2" taller than me, 8 years older and is 155lbs. Meso/endo people have no idea how easy you guys have it vs a true hardgainer. I let myself go a bit of late, hence getting serious 2 weeks ago. I'm working on a possible book deal which might require me to take a picture in 3-4 months. So right now, just trying to maintain and trade out fat/muscle. Hoping to stay around 170 the entire time. I'm too much of a pussy to stick a needle in me. It would also be overly obvious since I've been thin my whole life, to all of a sudden jump.

17. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

I know you would never trust someone to do your diet, but why don't you let my people take a stab at it. Just try it for 5 weeks. You have enough history and document enough stuff, that I know my guys could put something perfect for you.

It's a one time offer. If you're willing to do it, I'll personally supply you with the supplements you need. I just want to show you, as I know you're skeptical, of what can be done with a different way of thinking :big grin:

18. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

:cool:
    Awesome offer, PB.

19. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

Damn you PB and people offering you shit online. I'd be all over that.

20. Lukkie

Lukkie OT Supporter

damn PB man

21. Patrick Bateman

bro i wasnt making fun of it at all......sorry i came off that way, im generally interested in what everyones opinions are, i was just trying to understand if i got you correctly.

22. Patrick Bateman

done deal bro. why not. im in........lets do it. keep in mind i need to get to around 6% im sitting around 9 right now.

23. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

No worries, I just hate the argument that usually comes with "looking" the part. Weight training isn't a top priority for me, business is. When I can make money, from weight training, I'll do it. One day when I don't have as much going on work wise, I'll probably focus on training more, although not for mass. I'm 30, not 20. I'm interested in being healthy and NOT get injured. The joys of being old :big grin:

24. Patrick Bateman

you got the right mindset, dude. i was just wondering how much weight youre supporting with that diet, thats all, like i said didnt mean to come off like an asshole at all.

25. Patrick Bateman

what supps we talkin here? now im interested, tell me more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.