Whats the easiest way to get over a 2 year relationship?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Bmwheel98, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Bmwheel98

Bmwheel98 OT's Freeloader.

I know , I'm still young and she was even younger. Im 23 and she was 19 when we broke up. Regardless of age, she was still a huge part of my life while we were together. This hapened almost 3 weeks ago, and no matter what I do or where I go she's one of the first things on my mind. Especially right before I go to bed, because that's when I have all the free time in the world, and when I think the most.:sadwavey:

Any help is greatly appreciated.

*Edit* If theres anything you wanna know just ask, if it'll help pertain to an answer.

2. FruitShoot

FruitShoot New Member

I guess best thing for you is time mate you'll heal I know from personal experience. If you enjoy doing something like reading or going on the net keep yourself busy with it until you're too tired to lie awake and think:eek3:

If it wasnt meant to be you'll find the right lady for you like they say theres plenty more fish in the sea.Life goes on pal.

3. Spike2k

Spike2k New Member

3 weeks after 2 years, time is the only way. i dated a girl for about that long and i'm still not over her and we've been apart for a long time

4. 00600

00600 New Member

I'm in somewhat the same situation, a little older though. I'm just over 3 months out of an intense 2 year relationship. After throwing away pretty much everything good I had in my life due to the depression of losing a large chunk of my life in the breakup. I truly hit rock bottom. I did some serious soul searching. And I realized that it wasn't meant to be.

I tried everything I could. But you can't make someone love you, and women are in no way logical. They can love you one minute, and if for some reason their emotions tell them otherwise, they can drop you so fast it will make your head spin.

It's just a fact of life. Women just don't think the same way as men.

I had started to have dreams about my ex, it would really screw me up. I'd wake up after only sleeping 3-4 hours (due to the dreams), and get stuck back in my depression.

Until yesterday. I was talking to a mutual friend, and found out that my ex had been telling lies to justify her actions. That was all it took for me to realize how futile it was. I also spoke to a friend of mine who is 6 years out of a 14 year marriage. He kinda helped me put everything back into perspective.

I had another dream this morning, but when I woke up I was fine. Yes, it hurt to have the memory, but it was as if I had just seen a sad movie. It didn't dig deep into my heart.

It's gonna hurt, but then out of the blue, something will trigger you, and you'll start to feel better.

There's a reason you broke up. Give it a few weeks, or a month to cool off. Try to talk about it with her, if she's not willing to work with you, then just walk. Get on with your life.

Good luck.

5. Spike2k

Spike2k New Member

and don't get back with her dude. everytime my ex and i try to get back together and work it out she always just ends it again, and it's an endless loop. and i'll probably some day end up with her again because she knows the girl i love and she knows how to be that girl. but it always changes

6. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny I Doubt It

Time.

Stop talking to her and start hanging out with other people. Fill the void with something else is the best way. But you must stop talking to her to get over it and move on. Good luck man.

7. In The Woods

In The Woods New Member

***ahh....I suck at relationships so don't ask me****

8. BCKane

BCKane KPS 99

I'd hang out with some friends a lot for the next few months. People you are comfortable with can help a lot by getting you focused on other things and frinedships.

9. ranthal

ranthal i did what?

Get drunk and bang a hot chick. Time is needed, but you can't spend it sitting around thinking about how you're alone and want to die, you gotta get out.

10. juvental604

juvental604 I like to pee upside down OT Supporter

Its all about perspective. If you look at this as an experience to learn from instead of moping around it will be much better. Take it as a challenge to go out and do more activities that dont involve needing a woman around. Theres much more to life then women. The funny thing is when you actually have a life of your own and could care less is when they usually come back.

Join some groups. Even better is join a group filled with women.

11. 7960

7960 New Member

Agreed.

Even if you don't sex them, hang around women. It'll help.

But if one or two offer some pity sex, take it. It can be amazing.

12. Bmwheel98

Good advice man. Thx :wavey:

I completely understand the whole dream scenario. The past week or so my dreams have been more vivid than the last. And I wake up and it feels like my stomach is in my throat, and I can't get back to sleep because the dream triggered the negative emotions all over again. I just hate the fact that there's nothing but time to fix the situation.

Life as of now has been in a stand still ever since, so I am seeing more friends. Going out with female friends(not of interest) just to have the female companionship. I'm going to the gym a lot more now, I figure if there isn't going to be an "us" again, that I should go ahead and improve myself to make me feel better about myself and get back into the dating game.

I have a friend who has recently gotten out of a marriage of 5 years, so he helps talk some sense into me when needed. I know comparing a marriage to a 2 year relationship really holds no ground, but just having someone who understands and has been worse off than I is always helpful. If they can pull through it then why can't I, ya know?

Again thanks for the advice. :bowdown:

Oh and holy lurker!:cool:

13. Bmwheel98

Knowing me, I probably will take her back if I'm given the chance. Right now I'm at that point to where I'd rather have someone by my side who I know might hurt me later on than to have no one at all and be depressed until I get over her. Sad, I know, but thats just me. I'm going to be that guy who even if she has another boyfriend and calls me out of the blue and wants someone to pick up the pieces of a broken relationship, Id probably do it. :hsd:

14. Bmwheel98

Yeah well the no talking to her has basically happened because shes changed all her contact information that I know of, blocked me from all her e-mails and everything else online i.e myspace , facebook blah blah blah.

So now as for filling the void, I'm trying to get myself a better job that occupies more of time and keeps my mind off of her. Hopefully within a month or so, I'll be better off. Who knows

15. Bmwheel98

I wish I could just put myself up to it. For some reason I have this gut feeling that I shouldnt do it because shes watching over me or something or will know, which shouldnt matter. But I suppose I still have that boyfriend mentality and its going against what I should be doing.

16. Bmwheel98

I know you're giving me advice and I greatly appreciate it but maybe a laugh is what I needed for today.

I got confused by this though lol. Thanks man :rofl:

17. Bmwheel98

Yeah I'll have to see how the pity sex goes. I'll let yall know when and if it happens.

18. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Just got outt a 2 year too. Just get out and have some fun with friends. When you feel like it, have some fun with new girls you meet when your out. Just enjoy yourself, I'm sure your ex is doing the same.

19. NUTZAHOY

NUTZAHOY Misa > You

Im there with you guys i just got out of a one year relationship and even though it wasnt that long and it had its up and downs ill always love her . Its hard to get over her when we still hook up and she tells me that shes giving me an opportunity for us to be back together if i can get my shit together . The hard part is knowing that shes out with other another guy and hooking up with him :wtc: . She saids i need to get my life in order first for myself and then i can be the man that she wants to be with .

20. Bmwheel98

Then you get your shit together and then let her have that chance and then deny her. That's what Im thinking about doing. It'll feel so good on my end when I can finally do what she did to me.:x:

21. Bmwheel98

Yeah thats what Im going to end up doing, sucks to think that shes doing the same but that just proves to me shes a whore and doesnt want to try to keep shit with us working. Easier said than done though:hs:

22. razi

razi New Member

give it some time, you'll be ok. two weeks is still deep in the "mourning" phase (for lack of a better term).

get out there and hang out with people. guys, girls, doesn't matter. get your mind off of her. then find a girl and hook up. the best way to get over someone is to get under someone.

23. SouLchild

SouLchild DIME PIECE GREASE OT Supporter

Hey fellow bimmerian,

I was in your situation a year ago. Asked a lot of questions on OT. No solid answer except the given, "time". So let me share what i've learned..

You may find yourself "spying" on your ex through myspace or whatever...
    You'll get jealous because she's having more fun than you...
    You'll build hatred and would create situations in your head where you'd want to diss her in some way... *avoid all this*

-Because you're a guy... it doesnt help to hang out with friends.. because guys dont really talk about relationships.. and ignoring the situation only drags it out.
    -It doesnt help if you're going out with your (girl) friends that arent good looking. Hangin out with ugly bitches is never fun.
    -Never think about taking her back... it's a waste of time.

Now.. here's what you SHOULD do:
    You're at your prime age... be lucky that you're single! Do things that'll boost your confidence...

1. Hit the gym/start eating healthy.. loose 20lbs that you've probably gained from being in a relationship for 2 years... working out will also get your mind off of your ex.
    2. With your new fit body... go shopping... make sure size>design.
    3. Have the mentality of wanting to stay single. Dont set your eyes on just one girl. Even if you get one girls number out of 10 in a week.. you're still on top on the game! Asking girls randomly takes getting use to.. start early...
    4. Get/make friends with benefits (fuckin another girl is the best solution)
    5. Now that you're having fun.. thank your ex for breaking off the relationship!

24. NUTZAHOY

NUTZAHOY Misa > You

:bigthumb: your right its pretty much what every guy knows they NEED to do but its hard to come to and actually do bc theres still feelings there for the SO . I know im good looking and i can get another girl but i guess im just comfortable with what i had and i dont want to start all over again .

25. Atheist

Atheist oh, hi OT Supporter

I relate so identically to this, thanks for posting its how I've felt too.