GUN whats the difference

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by screl1, Jan 15, 2008.

1. screl1

screl1 Chicken Burger FTMFW!

between a WSAR and a SAR-1, from what I have read people say that the SAR-1 is better but why? and how can you tell the differences

2. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

i'd like to know as well

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SAR was built from the start to accept standard AK magazines. The WASR was built to skirt import laws and was built to accept single stack non standard AK mag's. When the WASR's made it into the country Century had their monkeys dremel open the magwell's so they would take regular AK mag's instead of the single stacks. Being the WASR was meant for single stacks it doesn't have magwell dimples so mag's may wobble when in place. Other then the magwell area WASR's and SAR's are the same.

To ID them look for the magwell dimple.
    [​IMG]
    WASR no dimples
    [​IMG]
    SAR note the dimple above the magwell.

4. screl1

screl1 Chicken Burger FTMFW!

so in terms of how well they operate its the same? or does the WASR tend to jam more?

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I don't think they necessarily jam more, they just have a lot of sharp edges and there may be a more mag wobble with the WASR.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have WASR's and SAR's they're both pretty reliable I've heard of others that had issues they associate with the magwell being dremeled out to much causing lots of wobble leading to feeding problems. Also if the well isn't cut out enough you may have problems with some country's mags being a little to thick to fit in smoothly, that can be corrected yourself with a dremeling the well a little more though.