GUN whats the difference between different glock?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ziggie216, Mar 22, 2004.

1. ziggie216

ziggie216 New Member

like glock 23 and glock 19. I know it's different size, but is there like a different feeling when you're shooting?

2. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

the 23 and 19 are the same size. they are different calibers. the 19 is 9mm. the 23 is .40 S&W.

you could try www.glock.com for things like that. as for what they feel like shooting, the larger the frame is, the less recoil you will usually feel. that's a general rule, there are exceptions. ammo will make a difference, and some calibers and rounds are naturally hotter than others, so they have more recoil.

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

The G23 has a harder "push" to the recoil, but neither is a hard gun to shoot. i'd always recommend learning on a 9mm G19 instead of the .40 G23 though.

4. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

The .40 Glocks are much more snappy than the 9mm Glocks. However, you can put a 9mm barrel in a .40 or .357 Glock, as long as it is not an OEM Glock barrel, due to the outside diameter not being the right size, and use that for practice, just have to swap out the magaznies. However, in doing so, your Glock may not be 100% reliable. But there really is no diff. between the two other than calilber.

5. ziggie216

ziggie216 New Member

I was at the shooting range not long ago and there were like three different type of 9mm glock there.. so I chose the mid size.

6. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I prefer the midsize myself, but I carry the 26. I have shot all 3 side by side, and all three are accurate, it's just that I shoot different ones better on different days.