GUN what's the deal with glock?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Letifo, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

It seems like people on this board either hate glock or love glock? What's with all the controversy? I'm 18, so i don't own any pistols, but of the ones my dad owns, he doesn't own a glock. A Beretta .40, a S&W .44 magnum, a Ruger .22, and a .38 special/.357 magnum, not sure about the brand, he's had that one for awhile.

2. fastlif

fastlif New Member

Some people think glock is the best handgun in the world and if you think different you are an idiot. Some think glock is a "thug" type gun glorified by movies and such and therefore bash them and the people who love them. Its all personal preference. Both sides are hard headed and love to fight about it. I own 3 glocks and I like them but I prefer a non-polymer gun and I am not a fan of the trigger. BUT, I also know that they are cheap, easy and 100% reliable. I carry a 1911 but have all respect for the glock. The .40 glock has had some problem with non factory ammo but not anything to worry about.

3. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

i want a 1911, they're expensive :sad2:

4. taco

taco Guest

it is all what you want it for.

glocks make excellent carry weapons. they are light, reliable and smaller and slimmer than many other guns, and they aren't that expensive.

They are also very straight forward in their operation there are no safetys to mess with which can be a big problem in a stressful situation and also no external hammers. they have the same trigger pull every shot.

However a glock is not the best choice for a target gun, so it all comes down to what you want the gun for.

5. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

I had manufacturing issues with an issued handgun, and glock was less than enthusiatic in helping to rectify the issue. Needless to say, my 22 sits in the safe, and hasn't been touched in ~2 years.

Now, I'm a smith & wesson fan, and a HK fan.

6. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

:rofl:

7. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

i almost bought one at one point. its a nice gun but i like my XD40 better. all the good features that glock has plus more and for cheaper.

8. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

cool, thanks guys :).

9. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

10. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I don't have one and I haven't shot one either, but I'll tell you that you can't go wrogn with a 1911 (assuming it is made by a popular (high quality) manufacturer, such as Springfield).

11. nycmatt49

nycmatt49 Guest

Glocks suck.. All they do is blow up

12. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

it's true. i heard from this guy i know in delta force, i think he used to be a seal in the green berets, and he said that nowadays, they're just issuing glocks instead of frags. what they do is just load one round into the chamber, then throw it at the enemy. when the enemy picks it up to use it to shoot back, it just blows up, because everybody knows that all glocks do is blow up. i heard that one guy got a bronze star when he took out a whole platoon of iraqi republican guard with one glockade (that's what they're calling the new M80G. the G stands for glock). according to the reports i read, when the glockade went off, the guy trying to use it actually what killed two of the other republican guard. evidently, the bones in your hands make really good shrapnel, and, well, the two RG near him got the brunt of his bloody hand-job, right in their noggins. if i remember correctly, the bullet in the glockade actually shot out the back of the pistol, which is what killed the shooter. when he hit the ground, his AK, which was strapped on his back, just went off, and the stray rounds struck one more in the platoon. that guy lived, but only long enough to drop his own personal glock, which promptly turned into a glockade upon impact with the iraqi soil, killing the last RG in the platoon.

all glocks do is blow up.

13. RealFastV6

RealFastV6 OMFGh4x0rzZ!!111

Glad I'm not the only one, but I'm sure that won't keep everyone else from repeating internet babble.

14. mrbill

mrbill New Member

:rofl: that's comedy

15. footratfunkface

i've got an inside source that says that congress is actually going to pass a law grouping glocks as destructive devices, and you'd have to register them with the ATF. i mean, come on, you can't have the citizens running around with military-style glockades. maybe they could make a civilian model that just makes a lot of smoke instead of outright blowing up.

16. nycmatt49

nycmatt49 Guest

i like glocks cause they are really light, and feel like shit... i mean plastic... i mean they feel fantastic. Only problem with the last 7 peices of plastic, i mean glocks, that I have owned, is that they have all blown up. luckily they are all made out of crap, i mean plastic, and they generally just melt in your hands. if they were made out of something substantial, then some metal might go flying all over the place when they blow up. luckily for all of us, glocks are crap, i mean plastic

17. mrbill

mrbill New Member

:rofl:

18. footratfunkface

oh yeah! i forgot about the thermite glockades. they use extra hot ammo, which, instead of just blowing the glock apart, melts all the plastic pieces that go flying everywhere. then you get gooey liquid-melted plastic that sticks to everything and everyone within range, and burns into their flesh. they also use them to destroy vehicles. you just drop throw one into the engine compartment of a vehicle, and since all glocks do is blow up, it has to go off eventually. when it does, it melts through the engine block, and fuses things together inside, stopping the motor from ever working again. from what i've read, the next development is a smart glockade. one that can discern whose hands in which to blow up. but i doubt that's possible. sounds too dangerous to be done with such unpredictable things as glocks. i'd be afraid that the glaze from the donuts i ate earlier might cover up my fingerprints, and the glock wouldn't be able to tell who i am and blow up in my face.

19. nycmatt49

nycmatt49 Guest

interesting... but not at all surprising

20. mrbill

mrbill New Member

:bigthumb: