SRS what's the biggest problem in your life right now?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by glass, May 6, 2007.

1. glass

glass New Member

now.. i realize the problem with this topic is once you read someone else's post, you might feel less inclined to post. i can think of one simple way around this: please post before reading :hs:

i'm putting this topic up with no intention of solving or even commenting on anyone else's circumstances. more than anything, i think it'll be an interesting attempt to broaden one's perspective on things. not that i could stop commenting/problem solving, but i won't be describing my own dilemmas with the intention of drawing comments. i'll be posting cliffs instead of thorough breakdown.

what are the biggest things weighing in your mind right now?

===

life's been pretty kind to me:

- i can't find work. unlike the typical college graduate i have terrible interpersonal skills, very little work experience, no skills in high demand, and average grades. until i find work, i'll be living in my parents' house.

- i'm crazy about a girl who's way out of my league. i gave myself a year to see if i've underestimated myself, and i still think i need to develop much more as a person before i can think of stepping up to the plate again.

- i still don't really have a life. i desperately need to sharpen my interpersonal skills, because the belief that i could be better is eating away at my confidence.

2. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

I've met with the ex a couple of times. We are distrustful and mistrustful of one another. Our talks are akin to UN negotiations, but, we are being totally 100% honest with one another (at least I am being 100% honest). I have told him my secrets. He has told me his. I used my last ounce of courage to tell him that I still loved him. We sat in his car last Thursday from 5pm to 6am and just talked. He had his phone number changed to unlisted. He won't give it to me. He says he has a "roving eye". He definately has MAJOR issues (dilusional, paranoid, confrontational, no remorse). He belives in polyamorous relationships. I am 100% monogamous. He talks about the next time we meet. I asked him if he wanted me out of his life. He said no. He said he still has feelings for me. The whole time we dated he had another woman. I can look past, explore, accept, delight in some of his issues and can deal with those. What I cannot deal with is his question about fidelity..as he said, What about six years down the road?" To which I answered, we worry about that 6 years down the road. He said he would come to my shrink with me. He said he would meet people (my friends) that he refused to meet to meet while we were dating. He gave me a present on Thursday, a nice renaissance picture. But, he won't give me his phone number. I feel like I am about to jump into the middle of a circus on a merry-go-round and again, I will be crucified emotionally. Yet ,I can't help myself, my logic hides when he is around and my heart speaks. I also feel like I am being played, played in some obscured way. I feel trouble on the way.

3. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

need to save more $$$
    gotta find a place to live when i go away to college (i hate dorms)
    gotta wash my car
    gota get rid of all this recyclable stuff in mr room/car

4. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

school is stressful and i cant seem to get over my ex

5. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

Housing market sucks right now here, crossing our fingers the reports are true it will be a buyers market in 8 months. i dont want to be living with the fiance's parents still when we are married next february.

Job being a pain in the ass. boss being a douche because i didnt take him up on a shitty job offer that he gave to two other people after i turned him down (working 6 days a week, taking courses for a job im not staying in, etc).

i guess mines pretty easy to deal with though.

6. MementoVivre

MementoVivre like the cat...

It's official: I'm a leech magnet.

7. RevBob

RevBob You thought your burning hot steel slide was bad!

Not enough money to do all the things I want.

Currently in a dead end job with no future. Need to get a new job, but unsure what.

Can do anything with a little training, but lack a degree(found school boring and hated it) needed to get anything better than entry level positions.

8. Brunt1823

Brunt1823 OT Supporter

Girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me yesterday. Everything was perfect, we rarely fought, if we did, we were never yelling or saying nasty things. We both were people of morals and values and had plans for a very nice future. We never had problems, never broke up before, never took a break. All of a sudden, I got upset with her because I hadn't seen her in a while and she was close to my work, but didnt invite me to come say hi when I got off. I was being harsh, she was sympathetic, I didnt care. I took it too far I suppose. All of a sudden it seemed like she saw something about us that she didn't like. She decided she wanted to test the single life. She is in college and a lot of her good friends have recently become single. This may or may not have something to do with it. I'm desperately hoping this is temporary, but i have no say in it. It's so hard to wake up with a different purpose than I have had for the past 3 years. I'm no longer waking up to make her happy, I have to now try to make only myself happy. Things are so different for me now.

9. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

my biggest problem is not having money to get my work license...taking the test costs $500 and i used all my savings for the last semester of college and i had to quit work because I was going to school full-time

I know it's not a major problem cause I'll get it somehow, but I hate not having money, the sooner i take this test and work, the sooner i can move out and experience the world

and i guess the second problem would be not having a SO. I'm getting older and I haven't really dated much recently and I would like to share my life with someone.

10. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

My biggest problem is my obsessive analyzation of my sexuality. Not a minute passes by that I'm not thinking about it, wondering if I'm gay, bi, or straight, trying to figure out what I really truly like and what I want, trying to reconcile why I've always been so awkward and afraid of women.

11. Tony Victory

Tony Victory OT Supporter

I'm falling in love with a woman that is in a relationship. I'm the happiest person whenever I am with her and we click on so many levels.

I find it hard to sit on the side letting 'destiny' take it's course, I only have one shot at life so I want to do whatever I can to make the most of it.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Money.

I go to school full-time, work as a server occasionally and it just barely pays the bill. I could probably pick up a shift or two but I like seeing my bf and friends :dunno:

13. HipHopHead

HipHopHead Well-Known Member

loneliness
    :hs:

14. Justin Niggalake

Justin Niggalake New Member

financial problems

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  15. SlvrCivLT621

SlvrCivLT621 New Member

this is pretty much the same thing for me too

16. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I haven't had a job in 4 months now and I'm having a really hard time finding one, I'm in serious financial trouble and have no way of paying my bills this month.

I'm supposed to go back to school in August but I've been slacking when it comes to actually applying and getting things set in motion, this is mostly because I'm not sure if I want to continue with Communications as my major, and deep down I hate school I really don't want to go back.

17. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

i lost a good freind because i did something fucked up with for no reason

problems that i have had in my past are seeming to come back to me but i dont want to put them up here, its a little bad.

18. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Moving back home for the summer.. :hs: Can't beat the free food and free laundry, but after being on my own for the last 3 years, it's gonna be weird. Oh well, at least my parents are cool with me coming and going.

Finding a suitable boyfriend. Ok, no, that's a lie. I could care less. Society cares more about it than I do.

Anxious about starting my doctorate program in the fall. Like, really anxious.

That's about it. I guess my life isn't too shabby.. :hs:

19. SQLee

SQLee The OTer That Cares™

It feels like everything. :hs:

20. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

i'm going to read this thread tomorrow but my biggest problems are

Most of My friends are dicks
    my ex gf cheated on me
    I have no money
    I'm extremely depressed and don't know what i want to do as a career
    I don't like where I live.
    and i think i'm becoming a drug addict

21. Roddy

Roddy Guest

I really just dont know what i want to do with my life... and i have no enthusiasm to get a job, but i know i have to make money somehow.

One thing that is half worrying me is that i'm thinking of doing illegal shit to get money, rather than doing the whole rat race 9-5 thing. Deep down though i know i wouldn't do illegal shit ie: scam people, drug dealing, crime (robberies etc).

I just know that i have have potential, and i need to tap into it.

I've ordered some books on confidence to try to release the real "me"

[​IMG]

&

[​IMG]

22. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

I'm shy/anti-social which leads to not having many friends or girlfriends, which leads to depression.

23. porsch1909

porsch1909 OT Supporter

Exams whcih I'm pretty sure I will fail.

24. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

My biggest problem is quitting my job and going back to school. I work in a factory. The pay is decent, but money isn't a problem. The only thing that makes me want to keep it is the health insurance benefits. I can't go to school at the same time because of the schedule. I need to quit this job, go back to school and finish.

25. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

The thing that is getting me right now is school. I cant seem to get where I need to be. People say gpa isnt everything, however in the field that i have chose it is. Im getting to the point where I hate school so much that I want to quit, and I am a year from graduation. The people of authority that I have found in this school are smug beyond belief and dont give 3 shits about their students. I know its only another year and I will be done at least for undergrad purposes but it seems like agony thinking about it. I also want my masters as well and thats another year beyond undergrad.

My boyfriend (hes not in school (got a tech degree) and has been working full time for 1.5 years) says that I should be in school and enjoy school while I can. Im trying that but I just have alot of external factors that go on outside of school that it just becomes a chore and I can barely keep up.