Whats the better idea for the 289

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Ronin, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Ronin

Ronin Guest

it has this thus far

msd ignition(box, dist, coil)
    670cfm carb
    fuel pump with reg
    (that pretty much sums it up)

next=exhaust system + cam

after that im at the point where im thinking heads + small nitrous shot with stock internals

or would it be a better idea to do stroker build up then do the heads(if i redid internals it would be forged stroker build up, im thinking 331)

the reason im iffy on doing the heads before an internal rebuild is whether or not it would be the optimal combo or is this something i should rly worry about? if not i guess that means i can go with the heads and then be free to do the stroker build up down the road

im a little noobish here on some things so be easy :hs:

the point is im trying to avoid having to swap shit down the road and end up wasting money

what would you do?

A)heads and nitrous
    b)heads and nitrous and do stroker down the road ontop of the previous stuff
    c)wait, do stroker build up then do heads-nitrous
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2006
  2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

3. bottom end first. otherwise you could break it and then have to wait anyway.
  4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

so option C?
  5. matrix243

matrix243 My body, is ready.

May 15, 2001
    stroker for sure. not a fan of nitrous. plus your rod bolts needed to be upgraded yesterday.
  6. oh, yeah, for some reason I missed that
  7. Ronin

Ronin Guest

i am in the midst of work, havent been driving this car and havent had the insides open, as i go along all the bolts etc are getting upgraded to ARP

ive been reading a lot about nitrous, it seems its plausible i just need to be conservative with it and take all neccasary precatuons :dunno:
  8. Ronin

Ronin Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2006