what's the best way to make the switch?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FINALBOSS, Mar 19, 2006.

1. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

i've got a pretty decent desktop PC that i'm trying to transition out of (i've given up on PC gaming and will be sticking to 360/PS3 only) and i'm interested in getting a 17" powerbook or a 15" macbook. what's the easiest way to make the switch? as far as i know, selling your pre-made PCs are kind of hard--as getting cash for my PC would be the only way i'd get the cash.

my pc:
    AMD FX-53 939
    abit a8v
    1 gig corsair XMS 3200 ram
    bfg 6800GT OC

any suggestions guys? :o

2. DjShiznit

DjShiznit Representing Deutschland, yah.

You could try finding someone to pay the $2K you'd need to get into a 15" Macbook, but I'm sure you're gonna have to come up with some cash to make up the difference. I'd go with the Macbook, BTW, as it's based off the newer Intel chip, and not the (now) dated G4. You can also load WinXP onto the Macbook now.

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

best way is to just do it...

4. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

The best way to switch is head first.

What kind of job do you have? Seems like you invested a fair amount of money in your PC, that you cant really get back, unless you sold it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  5. saebryan

saebryan New Member

I had a shitbox dell that i just dumped. I put everything i wanted on the Ipod (use as a slave) music pics etc . . and just transferred it over. It honestly is much easier than you think . . i will never look back

6. Euclid

Euclid New Member

:werd:

I can't tell if this is a computer question or a financial question.

I would recommend starting fresh with the mac and just pulling over files when you need them on the mac, rather than trying to migrate the system over completely. What I am trying to say is, don't try to force the mac to act just like a windows PC... they work best when you accept and get used to the differences.

7. Lokey

Lokey OG Lurker

I say you get a Mac mini. Invest as little as possible now and find out if you like the Mac. When I made the switch Apple's cheapest product was the iBook and that is what I got. a G3 800Mhz iBook. My PC was a 1.4Ghz Athlon, which at it's time was very fast. Two months into owning my iBook I found that I wasn't using my PC at all.

The switch had been made.