GUN What's the best way to conceal a handgun?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AxeWhlder, Sep 6, 2003.

1. AxeWhlder

AxeWhlder I'll eat your brain.

Before anyone says it I do have a permit to carry. Anyway..

I've tried a few different ways to conceal my gun (taurus millenium 40cal) I really havent found any comfortable way to carry it concealed. It's compact enough so it fits in my pocket but that's not the most comfortable (or safe) thing to do. I've also tried the ole "back of the pants" method but if you're going to sit down its um.. Not comfortable.

So essentially what I want to know is how and where do you guys carry? (for those who do)

2. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

best spot for me is right behind the hip

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

an inside the waistband holster. most comfortable and most concealed way to carry that i've found yet. you do have to fork over some money for a good IWB holster though. kelly's got some names of good ones. the only one i know for sure that's good is milt sparks. i think a good one should run about $75.

4. taco

taco Guest

I have a side armor kydex IWB. Its pretty comfy and conceals well.

Get a 15 degree cant or so and wear it at about 4 o'clock on your hip and you should be fine.

5. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

iwb or small of back holster, not just in the pants. both work fine for me, but s.o.b doesn't work for all

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

F.I.S.T. makes some awesome ultra thin kydex holsters. Bladetech and Sidearmor are the other good kydex.

For something a little natural materialwise, look up the Galco USA or Aker Businessman.

Expect $50+ for kydex and $65+ for leather.

i often go with the small of the back carry with a gun your size as it prints the least with a t-shirt. Frankly, you just get used to sitting on the thing. :hs: If i wanted to conceal with shirt tucked, the IWB tucking holsters i mentioned above would be the way i'd do it about 4 o'clock, right behind the hip. The idea is to keep the grip from printing out your shirt to the rear or the slide from printing the front.

7. Redmouse

Redmouse Just looking...

8. AxeWhlder

AxeWhlder I'll eat your brain.

Thanks for all the good advice guys. I appreciate it.

I checked out those two sites. The one didnt have anything but the second seems promising.

Anyway, if you know any other places where I can get these holsters post 'em up. Thanks!

9. Car54

Car54 Member

I carry my glock 30 in a Don Hume leather holster inside the waistband.

The handle prints my shirt ever so slightly when I wear a tshirt, but a good collar shirt or sweater, and you will never know even if your looking for it.

10. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

11. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

I carry a Ruger P89 (damn big 9mm, almost too big for a comfortable concealed). I have an IWB holster that is from uncle Mikes, only about $20, nothing too fancy but it does the trick, But because of the size of the gun it's uncomfortable to have on my hip for too long, i wear it behind my right hip. I just got a shoulder holster, i like it a lot better, it's still in the way a bit, but I don't have to worry about my shirt rising up and the grip being exposed. I like it more.