A&P What's the best option for this situation? (Photography related)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Silent Nature, May 31, 2007.

1. Silent Nature

Silent Nature Life is grand.

I need a quality point and shoot camera for a trip to Italy for 3 weeks.

I don't need something fancy like a DSLR. A simple point and shoot digital camera will do.

There's plenty of mixed reviews, but I'm sure that there's a lot of pros on here that knows more about certain cameras.

2. 1992 240SX

1992 240SX New Member

The Canon SD models are great. My friends have the SD550 and SD600 and if I were to get a P+S I'd prob go with something like that. The newer models like the SD800 have IS so that would be a better option if you wanna spend a little bit more. I'm a Nikon guy but for P+S I would go with a Canon.

3. Silent Nature

Silent Nature Life is grand.

Thanks for the tip. That was a great one. I appreciated that.

4. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I bought my wife a Canon S3IS and I'm pretty happy with it for a P&S. it takes pretty good pics, and gives you the ability to manually control the settings.

5. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

i've got a fuji f10 (older model) but i've been pretty happy with it. i wish it had more of the manual settings, but i believe the newer ones do. the biggest draw for me to get it was its excellent high iso performance. i can take pictures at iso800 indoors without a flash and they are good enough for 4x6's, which is about all i expect out of a pocket p&s. if you know that a lot of the museum's etc that you will be visiting won't let you use flashes then i'd look into the fuji f series cameras.

edit - at iso400 i've printed a few 8x10's that came out awesome, i don't think i've tried printing any that i shot at iso800 though.