Whats the BEst DVD player on the market

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Dead Leaves, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Dead Leaves

Dead Leaves Guest

Hey I heard of progressive scann DVD players and i would like to know if any of you geeks on this forum happen to know a real solid player?

2. hypnosmurf

hypnosmurf blue member OT Supporter

3. Dead Leaves

Dead Leaves Guest

yeah i just bought myself a 65" mitsubishi diamond series. FUCKEN NICE!! a lil expensive but NICE! hdtv reciever built inside. i could hook up my computer to it and browse the internet on my t.v it has firewire too.

i just bought a bose system too. so now i definately need a bitchin ass dvd player.

4. hypnosmurf

Nice TV one of the best big screens on the market. Sorry to hear about the bose though, do you still have the receipt . No highs on lows must be bose.

5. Dead Leaves

Dead Leaves Guest

yeah i still have my reciept for the bose system. why? is it a bad home audio system? cuz i seem to think its pretty good. you have any suggestions.

dude i just got the monster component cables. blue red and green wires. i hooked it up from the dvd to the tv. i dont see that much of a diffence. i spent like 69.99 on wires... not really a good buy = (

6. hypnosmurf

Monster cables are about as overrated as Bose IMHO. All my cables are Radio Shack gold series they work fine for me. I do have a monster component cable for my PS2 but that’s because I got it used for $15.

As for what's better the Bose. All I can tell you is what I have and how I like it. I’m using a $400 Denon 1603 receiver it’s entry level but sounds great to me. It has as nice warm deep sound. http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/avr1603.pdf

I just bought A pair of Klipsh SB-3’s last weekend for $400.http://www.klipsch.com I’m still trying to break them in I’ve heard they have a very long break in time of 40 to 100 hours. The more I play them the better the mid-bass sounds and the more I love there bright sound which seem to go well with my warm denon receiver. And they are very efficient.

As far a receivers go look at Denon, Haman Kardon, Onkyo, Yamaha and Marantz.
    For speakers some better brands are Paradigm, B&W, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Definitive Technology and Infinity.

Just go take a listen and let your ears be the judge and take a couple of your own cd’s. Here's another great forum. Good luck! http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

7. Dead Leaves

Dead Leaves Guest

ohh thanks bro, shit i wished i would have down reseach on this about 2 months ago. Oh well i guess im still happy with the bose system. the speakers are pretty crisp and live.

8. 92slammer

92slammer OT Supporter

well according to techtv, sometime this year they are suppose to release a dvd player that will play divx format discs:)

9. ]{aptain Insano

]{aptain Insano New Member

well if you want the best, well i could name off a couple that are in the 2k-3k range. Basicly they are reference quality players.

10. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

k? why dont you just name them?

11. 04

04 Guest

Wouldnt it be easier to spend that 2 or 3 thousand dollars on an all out HTPC? I find it hard to believe that any dvd player would have better performance than what a new computer could do (except the dvd player would be not so loud)