TAT Whats the alternative to studs (ear lobe)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Changed, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Changed

Changed Guest

I had my lobes done like 2 years ago and if anybody remembers I had a terrible time with the studs. They got so infected that the earing pushed half-way through my ear one night while I was sleeping and had to pull the fucking thing out the back of my ear :wtc:

I don't have any scarring, and I want to get them done again. What is the name of the jewelry that fits better than the stud? I had them done at the spur of the moment at one of those shitty mall piercing places. Going to have them done at a real tattoo/piercing place this time :hsd:

edit: I prefer to wear diamonds instead of the other style (tusks, claws, safety pin, etc... :o )

2. Changed

Changed Guest

shit, I think I found my answer: ball closure ring :dunno:

I hate that style though :hsd:

3. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Your earlobes, if pierced at a piercing studio instead of the mall, will not have any trouble if pierced with "studs". While I cannot speak for every piercing studio in the country, most use a implant grade titanium or stainless steel and I have rarely seen a problem with this. Besides the great quality of metal, the back of the "studs" used in piercing studios are superior to that of the types of earrings the mall offers because they don't have that typical "butterly closure" (that wierd back part to the earring you have to slide on). Instead its usually more of a barbell appearance which allows for better drainage of lymph secretions when it needs it.

As far as going with a diamond, a lot of jewelry used in piercing can be really fancy. Finding a diamond or CZ should really not be much problem. We use it every day for lobes, among others.

But if you really think you can't use studs, you can go with glass too. More commonly used as a cheap way to start stretching, it can also be sterilized and put into a new lobe piercing, though most of them start out at 14g at the smallest.

Or yes, Captive Bead Rings could be used (or as you called it, ball closure ring). If you hate the style, ya only gotta wear it for like 6 weeks anyway.

4. Changed

Changed Guest

thanks for the info.

The shop I emailed about prices said its $30 per lobe! and 45 per two.
    I also asked about septum, just because I've been curious about the look... $60 for septum.

those prices seem a bit ridiculous to me.

5. Two toys

Two toys New Member

lol those prices are ridiculous to me because my piercer is my homeboy and gives me shit for just the cost of jewelry.

but that is what he quotes walk ins at.

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Not ridiculous at all when you take into consideration the cost of sterilization, brand new needle just for you, packaging for the needle and jewellery, supplies to clean hte piercing area, cost of high quality jewellery and the piercers wage.:eek3:

7. Two toys

Two toys New Member

piercers dont have souls.

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I AM SOULLESS!:eek4:

9. Two toys

Two toys New Member

you got it back when you changed careers.

10. Smork

Smork Active Member

11. Changed

Changed Guest

for 60$ its not high quality jewelry though. I told them to just give me the cost for some of the cheaper stuff.

12. sparq

sparq New Member

So do you still pierce people... like at your home and shit if people bug you about it ? :x:

13. Two toys

Two toys New Member

its still high quality... its just not gold or white gold with CZ's n shit.

14. Changed

Changed Guest

good god, the people around here are fucking incompetent. I just emailed another studio and asked for the prices. I also said, "If jewelry is a factor in the price, an average is fine" He responds, "A factor in what?"

:uh:

15. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

Uhm, I wouldn't be basing my choice off of emails. Find a studio that is clean, comfortable, and has a piercer that knows what they're doing, not the Payless of piercers.

16. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I consider stainless steel and titanium to be high quality jewellery, not gold or platinum or any other 'dirty' metal.

17. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

You expect to have diamonds and gold for less than 30$ each? hahahahhahahahhaa

the prices they quoted you are pretty fair for the standard stainless steel or titanium.

18. Changed

Changed Guest

If you read it, I included the fact that I told the piercers to price it for generic jewelry. I'm going to pick up the diamonds later

19. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

ok. well then, either way, those were fair prices.