GUN What's so great about Sig's and HK's?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SpicyMcVoodoo, May 4, 2006.

1. SpicyMcVoodoo

SpicyMcVoodoo New Member

People always talk about them like they're the end all be all of guns. Why? I've never shot either, but I'm curious about what makes them so special. Is it anything practical? Or do you have to be a total gun afficionado to appreciate their attributes?

2. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i have both and they're awesome. don't really wanna list the reasons, but they're both awesome.

3. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Maybe because I haven't had even one FTF or FTE in my Sig since I got two years ago.

4. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

I love my P226 because it makes me look good when I shoot it. :big grin:

Oh, yeah, it's reliable, comfortable, blah, blah, blah.

5. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

ive had a 9mm Sig 226ST and a .40 229....while the 226 was very accurate and a very solid, well built piece....i just didnt take to the DA/SA trigger....same case w/ the 229...and i also lost complete interest in the .40 round after 4 years of shooting it almost exclusively (its the caliber i first learned to shoot w/ way back when)
    I wound up selling both of them and buying the guns i knew i liked all along....9mm Glocks.....havent looked back since....although i kinda wish i had held onto the 226st just for the hell of it...it was a pretty nice gun..
    ive never owned an HK but i dry fired a USP compact in my local shop and i now know ill never buy an HK....the trigger is horrendous....

6. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Yet, you carry a Glock. Doofus.

Oh, and tell your ladyfriend to pick up her damned cell phone every now and then.

7. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

To me my USP .45 just feels the best in my hands and I shoot the best with it by far.

8. jonny427

jonny427 Scooby Doo OT Supporter

:werd: I love how the USP .45 fits my hand.

Like everyone says, its about what fits you best, not a particular brand (as long as you stick to the big name brands).

9. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

SIG is to show friends, etc.

Rgr on the phone. She'll be up after 4p today.

10. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

HK: incredibly overrated.

SIG > *

11. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I've held quite a few guns, the glock just felt wierd, the beretta 92 was nice but a bit too big, the sig 228 i picked up felt like a damn glove. It was really nice and the balance was great. I'm going to buy it within the weekend. I've heard most people like Sigs because of their reliability, accurace, and features. Seems good enough to me. OH... and looking badass helps.

12. 86 Bird

86 Bird eh

:dunno: I've never shot a sig. But if they shoot as well as they feel then it should be good. Yesterday I looked a 229 and there was just something about it, it felt 10 times better then the glock 23 I was looking at. The glock felt good in my hand but there was something about the sig that was better:)

13. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

When it comes to HK I am just spoiled by their previous levels of quality. I have shot the HK P7 and going to a USP or 2000 is like going from a ferarri to a pinto. They really dropped their level of quality and fit when they dropped those beauties. Sad thing is, they moved over to mass production yet didn't drop the prices much. I my mind, I can justify paying 800-900 for a P7 due to the workmanship and quality, but compared to that, the new models should be around 400-500 tops. Side by side with a glock or an XD, there isn't anything much different, so why then pay almost double for two initials on the slide?

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  14. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

because they need to justify overpaying for a handgun thats no better than a glock

15. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

+1

If you can get a good deal on an H&K go ahead and pick it up. You won't be dissapointed. I wouldn't pay more for an H&K than I would a Glock or an XD, though. It's easy to find a good deal on a Sig. They're nice and heavy and the trigger feels great. If all you want is a good, reliable gun and you care more about the price than a brand name just know that you can get away with spending less than $500 and get a relaible, accurate, ergonomic gun that will never fail you.

16. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Owning both I'd take the HK over the Sig any day.

17. san408

san408 New Member

I like the ambi-mag release, the external hammer, the decocker, and just basically the way my USP .45 shoots. I could do w/o the initial DA trigger. This was my first pistol and I got a smokin deal on it from a very good friend.

I really like this pistol. I'm not a huge fan of Glocks. (notice I didn't say anything about dislike) The same friend of mine that I got the HK from sold another friend his Sig before I could get there to pick it up. :mad: Which sucks because it would have been here with the USP for quite awhile.

18. Accord

Accord New Member

Because unlike Glock's "Perfection" slogan, Sig's "To Hell and Back Reliability" isn't just a slogan, it's the truth.

My 229 has been abused, neglected, rarely cleaned, and i've used the shittiest most beat up used magazines and never had a single failure of any kind after 4,000+ rounds and counting - PERIOD.

The DAK trigger is absolutely amazing, the only way I can describe it is that it's like a butter knife going through a warm stick of butter.

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  19. Artyboy

Last time I took my USP out I had two stovepipes inside of 500 rounds. I had put about 2500 rounds through it without cleaning it, though. I just wanted to see how long it would go without any failures. It was really fucking dirty when i took it home that night to clean it. Those are the only failures I've had.

20. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i've decided i need to sell one of my handguns. i really want to keep a 9mm, but my sig feels sooooo much better than my HK. so i think i'm gonna buy a EFK 9mm conversion barrel for my Sig and get rid of my HK. the trigger pull is just a night and day difference in the two. Sig pull = butter, HK pull = shit. sorry HK, you've been good to me but ya gotta go:wtc:

21. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

I like my USPF Custom Sport 9mm but i prefer my kimber over it. I haven't had any FTF or FTEs with either. Im very happy with both guns.

22. Artyboy

I agree completely. The SA pull on my H&K is sooo long. I put 100 rounds through it shooting it SA only every time I take it out and I still can't get used to it. Then I rent the Sig they have there and my groups instantly tighten up. I might try and trade my H&K for a new XD or a Sig.

23. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

yea. the SA pull on my HK is slightly irritating, it seems to break differently sometimes, but the DA pull is absolute horseshit, i mean completely worthless. the Sig SA pull is as smooth as can be, and the DA pull is amazing.

24. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

Because they feel like $ in your hand, They dont kb, no FTF, FTE

25. Accord

Accord New Member

Well damn, what do you expect when you're using brass that has been shot and reloaded several times over like that in .40. It would have KB'ed in any gun.