What's OT's honest opinion of the RSX?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Akimbo, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

I'm looking into getting a new car, and getting rid of my 1995 Toyota Celica GT. It's slightly modded, 95k miles...5spd, all the options. Bunch of aftermarket parts. It's a good looking car, but it has no potential. I know I can get more than the blue book price if I park it by the high school. The rich kids around town will beg for it. I'm very well known just because of my car. I have no doubt it would sell quick.

I'm looking into getting an Acura RSX...possibly Type S. I was wondering if I can get one for around 14 grand?

And can any RSX owners let me know how a 19 y/o with a clean record would do insurance wise, Type S or not. Thanks guys, any info on this car would be great.

2. flakey

flakey New Member

dude if anything man up for the type-s i dont personally own one but i have a couple of buddys with them and honestly if your looking for "M4d tyt3 Pow3r?!" then you arnt gonna find it in the rsx, 200 horses and 14ft lbs? it doesnt even pick up untill vtech and even then its not crazy. i dont know what your plans are wheter your going for speed, or just something to drive around because imo it is a very nicely put togeather car.

3. Ronin

Ronin Guest

idhitit

4. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Basing your car purchase on OT opinions FTL.. you will be driving it, if you like it buy it.

5. red97gst

red97gst New Member

dont think insurance will be expensive, but i doubt it will be cheap either

whether it's the right car for you depends on what you want the car for, where u'll drive it, whether u lightly mod or heavily mod it. coming from your 95 celica you will definately enjoy driving it. it responds pretty well to bolt-ons, which is rare for hondas....

6. flakey

flakey New Member

wow what kind of bolt ons are you talking about? turbo?!

7. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

Intake, header, exhaust and Hondata K-PRO will have those cars running mid to high 13's all day long on street tires and full interior. Not bad for something that is still daily driven with A/C and P/S and just as reliable as stock. I have driven a few Type-S and our shop has out fitted a civic and an integra with the K20A2 motors...i'm sold on K-power!

8. flakey

flakey New Member

so with all those mods what kind of whp it put out

9. isaac86hatch

We have seen around 205-215 at the wheels with this setup.

-Custom intake
    -Rcrew header
    -Rcrew expansion box for intake manifold
    -Thermal exhaust
    -Kpro

Throw in some of the NEW IPS cams and your K20A2 can make 240-250whp, which is pretty damn good for just bolt-ons basicly.

Stock is around 170whp for the 200 hp 2002-2004 models. We have not Dyno'd any 2005+ RSX's with 210hp.

Another guy in town runs 13.80's with just I/H/E and a Hondata reflashed ECU on street tires and full interior.

10. flakey

flakey New Member

my outlook on rsx +1

11. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

Well yeah I mean, none of that sounds unlikely. The K20 is one of the best engines Honda has ever give us. It's widely known as the best, or one of the best 4 bangers out there. It doesn't suprise me that the new Civic SI gets this motor.

I'm going to be test driving them as soon as I can to get a feel for it. I want to lightly mod it, rims, I/E/H, suspension, and stereo. That's it. If I'm head over heels that may change though, as I heard they do pretty well with turbos and supers.

12. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

I've got a 2002 RSX-S with 75k miles on it. I also have a Jackson racing supercharger with all the goodies. Kpro, jrrh, 05 catback, ect. ect. blah blah blah... Anywho, I'm pushing 7lbs and making roughly 260 to the wheels. Totally streetable, reliable too. I brought it by Acura for shits and giggles to have them take a look at it. They couldn't find one thing wrong with it. I say go for it. I absolutly love this car. I've owned an Mustang GT, dsm, 3rd gen eclipse, and this is by far the best. And yes, the new civic got the k20z

13. isaac86hatch

By the way...Finally looked through the new "Sport Compact Car" magazine today and they showcase more of what IPS is doing with thier cams.

312whp and 10,000 rpm

K20A2 (RSX-S)
    Bored, Sleeved, Stroked to 2.2L
    Ti rods, forged pistons, cut and welded rod journals
    12.8:1 compression
    BONE STOCK HEAD! No porting..nothing
    IPS Cams
    TWM 52mm ITB's
    Valve Springs and Ti Retainers (Good for 10,000rpm)
    Hondata Kpro

Most of this shit is off the self parts. Is this gonna be a streetable motor..not likely, but this to me really shows the potential of this motor. 12.8:1 compression is pretty low and can be run on pump gas of tuned right and the head was not touched at all. To me this is impressive.

BTW Skunk2's K24/K20 (almost 3.0L) race car is now making OVER 400whp ALL MOTOR! No Nitrous No Turbos.

14. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

oh shit give me some N/A power and screaming 10,000 rpm i can go for that :eek5:

15. Sane 007

Sane 007 Active Member

I had a rsx s and had no complaints. I had strut bars sway bars and coilovers for suspention. for tranny work a stage 2 clutch, lightened flywheey and lsd. i only added I/H for power i was gonna get a comptech sc but before i got it i was hit by a dumb fuck and then spun out into a tree = totaled rsx. dont feel bad I ended up getting a G