COMIC What's going on with Inuyasha?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Third Sight, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Third Sight

Third Sight Guest

I'm having trouble understanding this. I don't understand why everyone loves this anme. Don't misunderstand, the anime's good, but everyone seems to be ga-ga over the whole series. And correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

Theotaku.com rates it as the #1 anime on their list. Of course, the whole site is run by Otakus (basically people who have very little lives outside of anime), so it's no surprise. For Christ's sake, I was even nicknamed the name of the tick from the show (it should be noted that stupid arse Otakus called me that one)!

I find it very reminiscent to the Dragonball series. I can come in at the middle of the entire series of Inuyasha and understand everything that's going on. Here seems to me what are the basic plots of nearly every single episode:

1) Inuyasha and his bro get into a smackdown, only to have his brother escape as he's about to die...surprise?
    2) Inuyasha's fighting Naraku (don't know if I spelled that right...) and finds out that it's not really him, but a veery complex illusion leading them on.
    3) This one was more apparent at the beginning of the show: Kagome and Inuyasha, and the rest of the "gang" if present, would fight some big ol' demon thing and find a tiny shard of the jewel they're looking for.
    4) Inuyasha basically whoops some ass with his gy-normous sword (which somehow fits nicely into a very slim sheath, which I'm still trying to figure out).
    5) That kid who's supposedly dead, but still lives because of the jewel, finds out that he's still alive, only before Naraku takes over his mind and tells him to do something nasty. Of course, he runs away right before getting caught, only for the process to repeat itself.

And that's about it. Much like Dragonball series, no? Don't get me wrong, I like 'em both, but they're both pretty monotonous.

So why does everyone seem to hold the anime series Inuyasha as #1 in America?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2005
  2. MelloBoy

MelloBoy New Member

probably cause not many people get to see other anime such as Scrapped Princess, Hajime no Ippo, Kochira Kameari Kouen Mae Hasyutsusho, Onegai Teacher, compared to those that actually air in the US....?

3. JP

JP Active Member

yea thats ture, before i had seen many titles i thoughtr inuyasha was pretty entertaining but after i had more things to compare it to, it got boring quick.

4. seven

seven New Member

inuyasha is a good begining anime, like pot is to drugs, i know a lot of people who got started off on inuyasha or scuh.

5. MelloBoy

MelloBoy New Member

i REALLY don't see how it's even a good beginning anime...after the 2 main characters are present, it repeats the typical anime pattern of:

1. fight some monster in every episode to get soul shard/crystal/rid of evil from the world
    2. every 3-5 episodes, a new member joins until there are 5 members more or less
    3. after about 6 episodes, there's some progress in the story line

granted it's better than DBZ where the producers spend 10min of the show with one (or more) character yelling "roooaaaaaarrr" to power up or what not, but it really lacks the intricacies of anime/story such as GITS 2nd gig, Scrapped Princess, the Big O, to name a few.

then again, initial D kinda falls into that same loophole except with 1 main character but with no ultimate goal in the story line unless you would call beating ryosuke a goal in 1st stage or what not...as opposed to other anime, even the manga isn't that great for inuyasha...

6. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

I like it (check out the Av), but then again, I'm not too into the whole anime world. I like some of the big name animes out there, the ones that everyone and their grandmas know about. And I can definetly see how someone who is more in depth with anime might not like the series. *shrug* To each his own, I guess.

7. The Mighty Megatron

The Mighty Megatron Secondborn of the best drummer known to man

you ever notice that 90% of all anime fall into the same category as InuYasha? I mean, most anime (especially from the same time period as InuYasha) usually kick off okay, but eventually, either by the hand of high production costs or laziness (likely to be both), fall into looping story lines, repetitious action, and even the dreaded "we can't afford the better paints anymore, so we'll buy the cheapest kind (rather than a moderately priced, possibly just at "sub-par", kind of paint) to save up money and try to keep this anime's head above water!". Most anime do this, and some just flat out die, and some have to be taken off air and finished on video. It's the same with all kinds of television and cinema all over the world. Some of these "starter anime" that you refer to actually do beat the odds and stay highly reviewed throughout their run.

Really, there isn't such a thing as "starter anime". Not everyone gets to see the mainstream crap that we're force fed in america as thier first anime. Some of us get lucky and get to see greater things like Akira, FLCL, Vampire Hunter D, and Gundam their first time. All those "starter anime" are is your average, overhyped, moderately-budgeted-but-still-can't-have-money-spent-on-it-efficiently anime.

8. trick

trick FLOAT like a butterfly and STING like a bee...

:hsugh:

i get this is a matter of "my opinion > *"

9. ive never been able to sit through inuyasha. not a single episode.

that shit is just plain kiddy shit and boring. nothing of interest in the entire anime.

i dont watch a single cartoon/anime/show on tv. i stick to sportscenter

10. Yoritomo

Yoritomo dad's jar chimer

I watch all kinds of anime and I just can't get into Inuyasha, but it might be because I have a weird deep rooted hatred for Rumiko Takashi's writing.