What's a good to get into (hobby) ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by The Bastard, Oct 9, 2002.

1. The Bastard

The Bastard Guest

I bought a digital camera when it was all the rage. Now I'm bored of it. I bought a MD player when I wanted music, now I'm bored of it.

What's another type of electronics I should buy because I like to have new stuff to validate my menial exisitance.

2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

R/C...has some electronics, and it teaches good engineering, mechanicle, and automobile skills. And for the most part is not that expensive.

And if you want to go really crazy. Get started on a hometheater setup. But be expecting to pay out thousands a year just to keep yourself happy...because your sound will never be as good as it should be....ever.

3. The Bastard

The Bastard Guest

I need something that's self contained. R/C requires too much time like setup, modification, isn't good year round.

Home Theatre is something I'm doing slowly as it's very expensive. Is there an electronics club or something ?

4. jedimasterELMO

jedimasterELMO Beer, boards, and Android

dildos and butt plugs :fawk: :p

5. Vicious

Vicious Crash & Burn lifestyle

how bout working on your computer, you can spend some time trying to tweak it to get the best performance, and then play games on it, or use any P2P program to find all the tv shows and movies you haven't seen in ages..

6. V0iD

V0iD Guest

I was gonna say r/c and models too. Another great hobby of mine is to mod my real car.

7. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

watch collecting?

8. arc3 ange1

arc3 ange1 Never be bought, Never be sold

good call

9. txz

txz Guest

Ham Radio will suck up some of your money and time, but you will have to get FCC licensed. It's a fun hobby when you can talk to someone.

10. The Bastard

The Bastard Guest

My brother has a high powered walkie talkie which he can scan frequencies of the civil workers, tow trucks, etc, could very well be a ham radio compliant device but I dont know would make one as such..

I'm collecting 80's music and other interesting music genre right now but that's been an on and off hobby, movies on the other hand could be cool but they're in such bad quality I want to wait for their DVD release, tho someitmes you can come across a real gem considering not all shows are on DVD and you get ppl ripping old shows like All in the Family or Golden Girls :big grin: