GUN Whats a good price for a FAL?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by rvito, Apr 30, 2004.

1. rvito

rvito New Member

I'm comtemplating purchasing my first .308 rifle. I'm looking to get a FAL or possibly a CTME HK clone. What I'd like to know, is what should I expect to pay for a decent FAL? Also are there any items that i should worry about after I purchase one?

Thanks

2. chiadog

chiadog Guest

go to falfiles.com
    crap parts kit gun: 400
    unknown builder/parts kit gun: ~600
    ~reputable builder/parts kit gun: 800-1000
    DSA/ new: 1200 and up.

there are headspacing issue dealing with milled down bolts on the parts kit guns. particularly in the crap category. go read the falfile forum first.
    CETME is same deal. roller locking design can and does wear out. u never know what kind of condition the parts kit is built from. locking system may be dangerously worn. do some research before u buy.

3. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

You can get an Entreprise STG-58 for about $800.00. Good guns. I'm just waiting for some extra cash to come in to buy one myself.

www.entreprise.com

edit: I just checked the site, and it seems to be down......not sure what the deal is

4. rvito

rvito New Member

Thanks, that is the kind of info I was looking for.

5. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

How about building an Austrian STG-58 parts kit on an Imbel reciever? I've been thinking about doing that.

6. chiadog

chiadog Guest

imbel are GOOD receiver. from what i hear, DSA's kit usually has decent bore in them. but they ARE used items, so make sure u get it from a reputable dealer so u aren't stuck with a crappy barrel and have to replace it. that will cost u more than buying a good parts kit to begin with.
    make sure u double check headspacing before u fire the first shot.