GUN whats a G30 worth?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by vettefan52, Nov 25, 2006.

1. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

guy local has one, glock 30 with 3 mags and 200 rounds of FMJ for 450, you think its been shot out? is this a good deal? kinda want to pick it up.

2. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Depends on rail/non rail model, and a few other things. Seems like a good deal with magazines and ammo, though. Go check it out.

3. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Given the current price of .45acp ammo, it isn't a horrible deal, but not outstanding either. Do the mags have the pearce extensions on them? Night sights?

4. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

doesnt say. these morons on craigslist never post any details. and its a good ways from me, so im not going to look at it unless you guys think its worth it. i dont want one bad enough to let him think he got a good deal.

5. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

sounds average

6. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

here is the email i got from him: Excellent condition, bore is excellent, not a mark on the exterior, it does
    not have night sites, they are 10 round mags, I've put approx. 150 rounds
    through it in the 4 months I've had it. I bought it off of a cobb county
    deputy and he said he put 200 rounds through it. Gun was manufactured in
    6/2005.

7. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

how small is this gun? it looks tiny.

[​IMG]

8. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Even if the guy is lying about how many rounds have been through it, its a Glock, I highly doubt its been shot out. But with that few rounds through it and in pretty much perfect shape, I'd shell out no more than $400 for everything.

9. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

The G30 is almost the same size as the G19/23. The only major difference is the height of the gun. It's also a very thick gun.

I agree with above, I'd go no more than $400 for the total package with ammo.

10. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

well, considering i dont know much about glocks, i dont know how big a 19 or 23 are. whats msrp on a new gun?

11. Slick26

Its a sub-compact. Smallest frame Glock.

12. Slick26

You're looking at somewhere around $550 - $600. $600 being on the extreme high side. Its possible you could find a brand new one for $500 if some place was having a blow-out sale.

13. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

oh fuck that shit, i dont want a sub compact. i have a huge hand.

14. Slick26

Then a Glock 19, 23, 25 or 32 one step up in size, but are still considered compacts.
    Standard frame Glocks are 17, 20, 21, 22 and 31.
    I have the G17 (9x19) and I love it, but I would get it chambered in .40 if I could do it again, which would be the G22.
    If you have big hands, bigger than average, then you will probably have problems with anything smaller than compact. You CAN buy grip extensions though... and those REALLY help.

15. Slick26

A present from me to you... so you know what's what in Glockland:

http://www.glock.com/te_english.htm

Check 'em all out and then decide which one is best for your bear claws.

16. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

The G30 isn't really a sub compact, if you compare the size to the G19 stats, it's almost identical except for the height.

17. Slick26

Glock categorizes it as a sub-compact on their website. I'm aware of the slight differences. I call it a sub-compact because the company that manufactures it calls it as such. In all reality, its a compact.

18. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

even the compacts look too small. my dads two glocks fit my hand well, ill have to see what they are again. i dont recall.

19. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If its not for carry go with the fullsize 21, I have a 29 and 30 but only cause there a bit better for concealing. They're not to bad to shoot though takes some getting use to the feel.

20. Slick26

Sounds like you're a full-size man. Nothing wrong with that. Just not easy to conceal if you're looking to carry. I carry my G17, but that's only until I get something smaller (its all I've got) and its not all the time either. Can't say its comfortable, but you get used to it.
    Glock 21 or 22 are excellent choices. Well, they all are, but for full-size they are.

21. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I have a 11.5 inch handspan (pinkie to thumb extended) and the G19/23 frame fits me just fine.

The G21 is a great gun, I own one and it's my favorite Glock, but it's not easy to carry. It's big, very thick, and not easy to hide.

22. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

im not fullsize, im just tall as fuck. my hand is about as long as a water bottle, from palm to wrist. and i dont have a carry permit, this will be mostly left in my car while driving and on me at home.

23. Slick26

LOL, I wasn't talking about your body shape numb nuts, lol. I just meant the kind of gun that suits you best, lol. Sorry.

24. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

:rofl: i was about to get pissed lol

25. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

the compacts are comfortable, and the subcompacts, specifically the G26, are just as comfortable with the pinky extension.