Whatever happened to....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Imok, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Imok

Imok New Member

Sex and its being special and not just a recreational activity? What happened to respect for one another? What happened to privacy?

I was a party girl in my time, had my share of boyfriends, but I always thought sex was something a bit special and not to be done with every tom, dick and harry, sally, sue and jane that came along.

Why is it just something to do now? why has things changed so much?

Do any of you still think it is something special between two people?

curious once again.

2. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Cant it be both? Its kinda like intramural sports vs. playing varsity...

3. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Sex, food, sight, life.. all is what we make of it....... it can me as mundane and superficial as one wishes and as deep, impact full and awe encompassing as one wishes.

4. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Are you trying to say that the majority of us on this forum view sex as just a recreational activity, or the outside world?

And its just sex.... its special with a special person. its wild good fun when its not(and with a special person lol). Its natural to want sex. Kinda like where you do something(i dunno, visit a special place, eat something special, w/e) its not special, until you make it so with that person.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl:

Paging Yail, who claims sex is just a "bodily function"

6. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

and i thought food was just for hunger, but goes to show that people actually like food and the way it tastes and how it pleases them.

same way sex is a recrational activity

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I speak the truth. :wavey:

eat, sleep, shit, breathe, fuck

8. iwishyouwerebeer

:mamoru:

9. Imok

Imok New Member

Isn't being naked and having someone's body up next to you and someone inside you kind of, oh I don't know, INTIMATE?

If not intimacy, what about hygene? where has that penis, vagina been before you? crabs? herpes? std's if that condom happens to break? aids? Don't you all think of that?

OMG, I sound like my mother. :rolleyes:

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It depends on the values (read as "beliefs" if you don't like hearing the word "values" associated with sex) of you and the person you're with.

For some people, recreational sex is normal and healthy. For other people, it's a disqualification criteria.

11. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

based on what your first post stated, and what you now are saying, you sould like a slut that has found jesus or something, and tried to take it out on us and see the error of our "ways".

And why havent you answered my question to you?

12. Imok

Imok New Member

Is there a question in there? if so, I'm not getting it. Are you asking me if I think you are all into recreational sex? if so, no, I'm not saying that at all. I, am not talking about just the forum either. I also understand the relaxed views on sex to a certain degree since we are bombarded by the media with sexual images. Can't even watch a commercial anymore without someone panting.

Ah, nope, not a reformed slut who found jesus and trying to save you all, lol. Quite funny really. I'm probably much older than many of you though. I just really think the world, in general, is lacking in morals and values. Was never into the one night stand thing. Maybe I should have been right? since I seem to have missed out on all the fun :rolleyes:

Have to add, your comment sounded pretty angry, is there a problem with someone asking a question? Of course, being called a slut on this board is a compliment from what I've read so far.

13. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

And here comes the moral brigade, riding in on their high horse.

I've done both - nothing sex and intimate, passionate, love, sex. The latter is always the most fulfilling, but if both partners are up for it and are sensible about it, what's wrong with having a little fun?

14. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

I dont things have really changed so so much in the last 25 years. free love of the 70's much?

yes, I think sex is something special between two people. thats all its ever been for me, and i've only been with one person. but i also dont think it should be serious, ooey gooey, lovey dovey sex all the time. it can be silly, stupid, animalistic, violent, casual, or whatever else, and its a jolly good time, but at the end of the day its still something special between us.

15. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

It's not to sound angry, its just we are posting a response to you, and you haven't acknowledged what we are saying about it. And you are implying that stds are not thought of, and its just random sex with totally random people. Most people on this board are smart and careful with who they have sex with.

And in your original post you stated you were a "party girl". Which mostly gets taken as being wild and such...... and it was half a joke... sorry i forgot the smiley....:noes:

How old are you btw? For reference reasons?

And I think we just grow up in a different generation. People are becoming more comfortable with their selves and their sexuality. It's a part of you and hiding it isn't something that should be done.

16. Imok

Imok New Member

Me? I'm the moral brigade riding on a high horse, lol. I may have some different morals but I guarantee you that I isn't on any hi hose Ideo.

17. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

It can be special and it can be, as you put it, recreational. Depends on the people involved and their private situation. I have nothing against the odd one night stand, where it can be an amazing night with great sex but sex in a real relationship is generally much more fulfilling.

If you aren't in a relationship at the time and opportunity presents itself, as long as you are safe, then I don't see a problem. Have some fun and move on with your life. Not everyone is looking for "the one" or they haven't found them yet. Doesn't mean they shouldn't have sex.

18. Imok

Imok New Member

Seriously, I didn't know there was a question in there, I had to go back and look. I don't skirt much of anything.

My party girl days were just that "partying, drinking, dancing, after hour parties and yes, picking up guys, (maybe a little making out). I loved a good party. I never danced on tables, took part in wet t-shirt contest or anything, wasn't the type to do that.

I am older than 40 and younger than 50. I am a young at heart whatever age I am but do have pretty firm morals and beliefs I guess. I am actually glad I am older now in lots of ways. I wouldn't want the bullshit that goes along with the dating scene again. There was a thrill to the hunt though, I must admit. Nothing like that first slow dance, first kiss.

19. Imok

Imok New Member

Hey, you got it.

20. Imok

Imok New Member

21. kiri

kiri New Member

:werd: couldn't agree more

22. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

Well that happens to be the way my relationship is, but I dont see anything wrong with doing it differently either. This is what works for me, and you have what works for you, but you can't just come in here and be critical of other people and expect them to respond in a way that you would like. I have nothing against people who go out and have sex with random people, so long as they're being safe about it. Its not the life for me, and I don't envy them, but I'm not going to say in other circumstances I might not do the same.

23. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd:

I could care less how many partners someone has had, fulfilling or insignificnt. All I care is that they were safe :dunno:

24. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

I think that entirely depends on the person and how they view it. If they just want to "sport-fuck", well so be it and who are we to judge them? That's not for me but to each their own :dunno:

25. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Yeah, not on a moral high horse at all