Whatever happened to "Just be yourself"?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Sybian, May 15, 2007.

1. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

All this PUA/Alpha Male mumbo jumbo that I've been reading on these forums is making my head spin...

Its all just way too much to remember. Labeling women this, labeling women that... Men need to do this, men aren't supposed to do that. Its just too fucked up for me to listen to anymore. I did just fine without all of this BS. Why not just go out there and be yourself like all of our mom's and pop's used to tell us?

Reconditioning ourselves to think this way seems kind of harmful to me.

Master Yail, Beast, etc. etc., not sure I can handle your teachings anymore fellas... As intelligent as you are and as much as most of the things you say make sense, it's becoming too much. All these books, websites and shit... I'd rather not get laid. :rofl:

Blah... I need to just go back to being me.

2. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

3. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

You're missing the point... I'm saying that I'm not going to adopt a new way of thinking just to get pussy. I am who I am and I don't need to change my thinking just for women to jump into bed with me.

Yeah, I've made mistakes. I drink too much and anger was an issue, but I need to work that shit out for myself. Trying to become this "Super PUA" is just silly and I think its just a cover behind which a lot of very emotionally scarred men hide.

4. No, I'm an exception to that rule, don't take my experiences and impose them on others, or make assumptions about others.

5. Chip Chipperson

Good. That is improving yourself. That is not being yourself. That is improving and becoming a better person and being your "best self." That is what pickup is about.

6. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Dude, I thought this way long before you made your post.

I mean look at me. I was fucked up and I thought that embracing this scene would make me okay again.

Why do you think a lot of the dudes in this forum that aren't PUAs are listening and asking so many questions lately? Probably because something bad happened in thier last relationship and they're looking for a way to stop the pain or make sure it doesn't happen again.

All I'm saying is that this way of thinking isn't for everyone. Starting with myself.

7. What thread? ;)

8. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Bah... :hs:

9. Remember somethings shouldn't be mentioned, that was one of them.

10. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Okay, but honestly, its okay to feel that way.

11. I never said it wasn't did I? I have emotions like anyone else, just not safe to leave them out in the open. It was a bold move on my behalf, but a dumb one too.

12. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Why? Because you'll ruin your e-rep? Who cares dude. We're here to talk about shit. The naysayers can fuck off. If I'm feeling something I let it out I really don't give a shit who calls me "ghey"... Anyway, we're being kind of overt. Especially if you want that thing to be left on the low.

13. Chip Chipperson

all parts of this post are strong

14. Its about leaving my biggest weakness out in the open, I don't believe that's a smart idea.

15. Chip Chipperson

you fuckers need to stop posting so i can go work on my paper

16. Fucker, haha, you know I'm close to your par in this whole thing, just have more skills in certain areas of it. :rofl:

17. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

Truth.

18. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Well, seems clear to me that you never really understood what this was all about in the first place.

19. NCS

NCS Active Member

as with anything out there theres TONS of info. your job is to know what/when/if it applies to you and how to use it.

lets take a car analogy, ok? if you've got a vette with warped rotors, you dont go to the mechanic and ask for turbo+blower+nawwwwzzzzzz, right? just because ALL THIS SHIT is out there doenst mean it applies to your situation.

20. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

No, you didn't.

When we are young (high school age), girls will put up with much more desperation and supplication than they will later on.

When you get in your 20's, you just can't do that stuff anymore.

"JBY" is only sound advice if you are already experiencing the results that you desire. If you already are getting what you want, then you don't need help in the first place.

All "JBY" is, is a license to continue to be lazy and remain in your comfort zone without feeling bad about yourself. Because, after all, you are just being yourself, so if you don't experience success then its not your fault, right?

When you tell people about your problems and they don't have answer, they still want to tell you something to make you feel better. That's where "JBY" comes in.

What you aren't realizing, is that you have already been "reconditioned." You've been reconditioned by society.

When you were a young boy, you were pure and interacted perfectly with girls. You teased them, didn't take them seriously, etc.

Only after years of social conditioning and being taught to put women on a pedestal and overly respect them did you get to the place that you are now.

I've been there and done that. You've got to unlearn all that social conditioning.

Be "you." Just make sure "you" isn't needy, desperate, supplicating, etc.

I succeed because I'm stubborn as hell and I won't change for anyone but myself.

I succeed because I see failure as a necessary component of success and I don't let rejection "wound my inner child."

I succeed because I'm a man, and women are attracted to men (not boys).

21. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2796774

22. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Sybian this thread is doomed. The vag seems to PUA forum now.
    "just be yourself" doesnt mean anything. You can never be anything but yourself.
    Either you are confident, assured, and natural.
    Or you are a calcualating, deceptive, PUA who can't get a woman without calculated manipulation. Someone who can't get hit on and think 'yay, i got hit on' someone who must return to their laptop and make a post about the possible reasons he got hit on, how to elevate the situation, the exact, precise fucking wording of asking for a date, etc (you know, like a fretful teenage girl)
    Just remain aware of who the 'self' is, and the fact that both your behavior and your mind are capable of changing what and who you are.

23. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I disagree.

I see very few posts that are "pick-up artist" related.

To me, PUA is a guy who goes out to meet women to "fuck and chuck."

The guys who post here are interested in improving their skills when it comes to dating.

I believe that most men have very poor dating skills, and that both men and women will benefit if men take the necessary steps to learn these skills.

24. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Men and women both have poor dating skills, and social skills in general. The reasons for this are far flung, and i'm sure you are aware of most of them. We live in an isolating world. We are taught to fear sex. We are taught to mistrust the opposite gender.
    I belive people need to be reconditioned to embrace sexulaity, equality and the like, not push ourselves further apart by creating false dichotmys.
    Women and men are virtually the same at birth. Sans a few evolutionary details. They are simply subject to different social pressures, to which most cave.

25. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I agree that it can get out of control, but just take what you like and discard the rest.

I'm not really into the PUA scene, nor do I want to be. I like learning about lots of things and to just write off everything without giving it a fair shot is just silly.

for instance, the most solid thing I have ever taken away from all the pua stuff ive read (admitedly, not all that much) is don't peck. Pecking is when you are someplace noisy and you stoop over and bend down to listen to what a girl is saying. I'm 6'4 so im always way taller and used to do this just because it seemed the obvious thing to do. Some pua pointed out how lame this is and i must agree that after thinking about it, and seeing other guys do it, it's just something you should never do. This has nothing to do with changing myself at the core. These are the kind of things I take away from all this PUA material and they make it worthwhile for me.

Take as much as you need to and chuck the rest. Most "great" pua's came from chess club and D&D it seems, so they had the furthest journey. Obviously most people don't need to go that far, so learn what you can and take what you like.