whatever happened to good old meguiars #9 and #26

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by xxpanipuri, May 3, 2006.

1. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

are those still considered good products?????

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Yes, although Meguiars came out with #80 Speed Glaze a couple years ago that is a bit more aggressive than #9 and finishes down wetter. #26 is still a great wax, excels on dark, non metallic paints.

3. xxpanipuri

so out of all you suggest in the in one of the stickies....what would u suggest for a black metallic vw jetta with some orange peel and a bluish/grey metallic toyota camry...and eventually a metallic titanium silver bmw 5 series..???

is the #26 good for all of them....

i'm not going for show quality stuff here i realize that takes alot more time/effort.....

and honestly i don't have the time i used too to do all that :)

i just want something that will protect the car's paint against the elements and also help with removing fine scratches/swirlmarks and keep the paint scratch/swirlmark free....

i read through your sticky but honestly there's so much in there i'm confused....

i remember the good ole days i'd just apply a coat of eagle one wet car look wax or zymol (The blue stuff that smells good) once every 3-4 months....:)

4. paul9luap

paul9luap Boiler Up

#26 and #16 are still my waxes of choice, partly because i bought a few cans several years ago and they last for such a long time. I've used them on white, red, black, dark blue, bright blue, metallic and non-metallic and still love the results. As Scott said, #80 followed by #26 is a great combo.

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you want to use off the shelf products, you can't go wrong with #9 and either #26 or NXT Paste.

6. xxpanipuri

cool :)

yea i'm cool with off the self for now besides i still have the original bottles i bought a few yrs back...

there's so much selection out there for the high end shit that its confusing...

7. Masta Z

Masta Z FUCK BOSTON

this is wat #26 gets me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

I still use #9 quite a bit.
    Even though #80 is agressive, and works down very wet and glossy, i still find that #9 offeres better paint renewal for single stage paints. As though it puts more oils into the paint itself to condition it. I just dont get that safe effect with #80. Same can be said in terms of Optimum, and DACP. I find the DACP jsut works better on single stage paints.

But #9 still works better on some paints then #80. As i see it as more of a pure polish, then a polish with a glaze.
    It just depends ont he look im going for, how many steps i want to take, and what kind of paint im working with. Most of the time ill reach for #80. But when im going for a specific look, and mostly want swirl removal and polishing, i reach for the #9.