SRS whatcha think

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tat2dfire, May 23, 2007.

1. tat2dfire

tat2dfire New Member

I am a 33 yr old guy who just got my divorce finalized. Ive been separated from the devil since feb of 06. i have a 19 yr old girlfriend that ive been dating since the separation ( nope she not the reason i am divorced, met her afterwards.) Anyways, this girl is totally awesome, the best i think i have ever had, both in hanging out and sex. She is wanting to get married, I do love her, and could see myself very happy with her but at the same time i think im scared to get remarried. Any thoughts?

2. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

19 is too young to get married; Are you her "first love"? Sounds like she fell very hard, very fast.. :hs: But if it's something you feel you could see in the future, pursue the relationship, but turn the intensity down for some time.

3. teo

teo . => ? => !

I think you should wait until you are 100% sure you want to marry her. Not wanting to remarry because you feel you're not ready is a valid concern, and she is particularly young to be getting married in this day and age. Most girls at 19 haven't figured out what they want in life, and even the ones that think they have their shit figured out still go through one or more major shifts by the time they reach their mid-twenties.

There's no reason to rush into marriage. If she doesn't think this is true, she's probably more in love with the idea of getting married (and possibly with being the first of her friends to be getting married) and is ignorant of the actual effort and compromise it takes to make a marriage successful. If/when the time comes to propose, you'll know, and you won't have doubts.

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Wait, you're just getting out of a marriage and you're actually thinking of getting back into one?? Man...fuck that shit. Stay single for awhile man...what the fuck is the hurry??

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Is she still in college?

Yeah dude don't get married for a while. You just got divorced and you're thinking about getting married again?

If you marry her wait for like 6 years cuz she'll change a LOT in the next few years. Then you'll be 39 and she'll be 25.

Ok, I think that's quite an age difference, but if you guys are happy then whatever.

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

wait a few more months til you guys are out of the honeymoon stage, then see if you still want to marry her.

7. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

:werd:

8. Liquid_Vitamins

Liquid_Vitamins New Member

19 is really young to get married- there's a lot of research that says our adult personalities aren't fully developed until 25 at least. D'you have kids from your first marriage, cuz that adds the whole step-parent and constant interaction with the ex complication too...

9. tat2dfire

tat2dfire New Member

yeah i have 2 boys from the first... and the ex is a hassle.. keeps tryin to get me back and all. the ex tries using the jealousy factor and crap like that. as for the boys... they get along with the new one.. pretty good i would say..

10. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

19 is young, man. Seriously. I'm 24 and it's hard for me to imagine dating anyone younger than 21. Sure, I'd fuck a 19 year old; I'd never marry one.