SRS What wrong with me?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by EE CUMMINGS, Apr 24, 2005.

1. EE CUMMINGS

EE CUMMINGS aka RobHuang

For as far back as I can remember, I laugh at EVERYTHING , even tragic events, humorous events, etc.

What is wrong with me? Is it my way of dealing? but i can find humor in everything but sometimes it comes off as being a dick in the wrong situations

2. johan

johan Active Member

So why do you think you're afraid to show your real emotions to others?

3. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

laughter is often a sign of either insecurity or nervousness (maybe both?).. follow johan's lead on this.

4. EE CUMMINGS

EE CUMMINGS aka RobHuang

I've thought about this

I'm an assertive person, people have called me a loudmouth before, etc. If a stranger were to ask me a personal question (outside of like whats my address/social security number llol) I don't mind answering it. I have no problems opening up to people ..

Sometimes I feel like I have a higher tolerance of not being embarassed than a "normal" person

I don't really get why I laugh at everything. My interests/sense of humor often relies in "dark" comedy, stuff most normal people don't find funny, only a select few. i like dark comedies (movie wise) i listen to metal, grind, rap, etc. apperance wise i dont look like an outcase, i look pretty normal. does this have anything to do with it?

For example one of my professors was telling a story about how she knew some man who got in a motorcycle wreck and lost his legs, and i just started laughing out loud in class.

I didn't mean to do it as a call for attention but it was just honestly funny when i first heard it, i thought about someone hopping around on a stub?

Another example, i was catching up with an old friend of mine who is in nursing school now and she was telling me how last week she had to clean up a bed ridden person who crapped in their bed. She didn't intend for it to be funny,she was just answering me when i asked her what kind of things she does for patients but i couldn't stop laughing :hsugh:

A lot of the time when i laugh at an unforunate incident, i feel bad after the laughter has died down.

Is all of this a root of a larger problem?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  5. dannycarey

dannycarey New Member

I have the same problem to some extent. I see humor in people all the time, especially when they get that "ok, man. this is serious"-look on their face.
    maybe it is just a way to deal, but everything everybody does is just another way to deal. if you see laughter in situations, laugh. often times the smile is needed for the people a little to hung over on the craziness of life. I think the problem of which you speak is actually the cure, and people who dont react this way have the problem. but then again, a lot of people think Im crazy; whatever the hell that means. :bigthumb: