What would you pay for a toyota tundra if....

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Eko, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Eko

Eko New Member

It was a 2000 or 2001 Regular Cab 4X4, Green, Towing package(regular and gooseneck), with 85K miles.... (This truck will be used primarily for towing.)

The bad.....
    • front LH fog light is busted (not that big of a deal)
    • The Paint is in bad shape. It looks like someone had driven it through the forest. A lot of scratches from what appear to be limbs or someone had spent a good 2 hours keying it.
    • The LH side of the bumper has hit something. It looks like it had been backed up into a pole. It is bent enough where the bumper is digging into the back of the pickup.
    • Has rust spots because of the bumper.
    • The bed has had several heavy loads (Lumber, pipe, etc)
    • The bed has several dents and bends in it.
    • Tailgate does not want to shut.
    • easily $3000+ worth of cosmetic repairs
    Now when I say dents and bends I am not exaggerating the problem they are really bad. (anyone who has a serious work truck knows what kind of problems it has) I imagine the dealer is going to wholesale the pickup. It was not with the rest of the inventory and I just sounded like they were going to wholesale it. The salesmen told me 10K :rofl: . I imagine it will wholesale for 6-7K. I am looking for a beater so the dents and other problems do not bother me but with the dealership wanting to be rid of the pickup I think I might be able to get a good deal. I only have a few concerns...
    • If the truck is that cosmetically hurt who says that they have not treated the engine with the same respect?
    • What if the truck has been in a wreck and damaged frame (forgot to get vin for carfax but i'm just looking not serious)
    • What did the previous owner tow with that truck?
    The salesmen could not answer any of those question or just didn't want to answer them :dunno: OT if you where looking for a pickup for a beater in this condition what would you offer them?

[​IMG]

*Note this is not the pickup just an idea of what the style of pickup is

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  2. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

Look under the truck and check for frame damage, frames can be repaired safely and shops do it all day long, however if it hasn't been repaired it will be noticeable... thats the nice thing about a truck, you can get under it and look easily.

I personally wouldn't spend that much on a truck that needed a few grand in work to look like its supposed to...

3. Eko

Eko New Member

I would pay no more than 6k on it 10K is a freaking joke:rofl: