What would you pay for a 10th anniversay Firehawk??

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Slappy3243, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

A guy just put one up for sale a few miles from my house. He wants $28,000 but I know I cannot afford that. I was thinking more of the $25,000 area. He wants to get rid of the car as soon as he can. He has house payments to worry about and can't afford the payments on the car. The car is loaded and I mean gorgeous! 6-speed, 6000 miles and has never seen the rain. He was considering trading it in just to get rid of it so I figure that he will negotiate on the price. What would you guys pay for this car? I know it is rare. How would you go about buying it? And advice? I have only purchased 1 car in my life but new and not from a private party. How should I go about negotiating it? Thanks for the help. http://www.firehawk.org/picture.html?ID=1317 (That is what it looks like)

-Adam

2. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

Depends on the SLP options. I'd probably stick around 25k if it's just got the base Firehawk package...
    If it's got any SLP options (1LE suspension, Bilstien suspension, Auburn rear, etc.) He can get the 28k easy from a Firehawk enthusiast. Of course, that would depend on whether or not he is one any forums where he is interacting with Hawk enthusiast's.

3. Bernout

Bernout OT Supporter

That car is fucking sweet.

Firehawk is the pinnacle of the F-Body. Didn't it ring in around $40k like that? I'd say $28k is a good deal. If you can't afford it, don't flip out when he can't go lower than his asking price.

4. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

It has every option except traction control. He showed me the receipt for over $40,000! I definitly don't want to insult him by low-balling him but these cars do not sell well around here, especially with winter coming. He said he would negotiate and wants to get it off his hands as soon as he can. He even talked about trading it in which means he would lose a ton of money on it. I want this car so bad!

5. Bernout

Bernout OT Supporter

:mullet:

:fawk:

Just playing, I think if you want it bad enough you'll find a way to compormise because it is a rare car. Has he posted it for sale on the forums or Ebay? if so, he might get $35k for it. But don't tell him that. ;-)

6. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

Two different option lists :) And two different window stickers in fact (one GM, one SLP). A $40k reciept only means that's what he paid, with any dealer markup. He should have two window stickers if the MSRP of the car got anywhere close to $40k. Mine was just under $40k and I have a 2002, with all GM options except the CD changer, and all SLP options (I chose 1LE over Bilstein).

There is a such thing as a Firehawk that is a fully loaded TA, but only has the base firehawk package.

Just open the passenger side door, and look for the sticker on the door itself that lists the SLP options, if he paid over 40k, he will have to have some options, since there is no way to get close to that without 'em.

7. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

I would actually rock a mullet to get this car, lol. Actually, he said he doesn't even expect to get $28k for it and will negotiate. I am gonna give it a shot for $25k I guess, what do I have to lose?

8. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

Ok, It has the Auburn rear and the Bilstein suspension. That is what he told me. All the SLP options.

9. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

@ $40k for one loaded from both GM and SLP, in coupe form. A Convert would have sold for a little more.

A base Firehawk (2002) would have run you @ $32k.

10. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

Cool, now we are getting somewhere :) With SLP options, it's definitly worth more than $25k, but if you can get it for that, jump on it!

The Bilstein is a sweet suspension - Far better than stock.

11. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

LOL. Sorry for being such a dumbass. I am just really excited, I mean I just talked to the guy like an hour ago. I am just hoping that with his house payments eating him up and winter coming, he will come to the bargaining table.

12. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

LOL.
    Back before edmunds.com dropped the used Firehawk pricing from their website, the values were:

[used price of Trans Am or Formula] + [the price of the SLP options new]

In effect, the SLP options didn't depreciate, though the value of the base car did.

13. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

Yes, he mentioned that. He said he looked up the book value but it is only listed as a regular trans-am and therefore depreciates like one. That will hopefully work out for me, the buyer.

14. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

Good luck! They are great cars!

15. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

Hand him $25k cash, I bet he takes it.

16. Fabian

Fabian Guest

Fuck that's baaad, I wish I could buy it!

17. 426Hemi

426Hemi Guest

$25K?? Jump on it like a parolee on a hooker.

18. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

Old thread :)

Slappy bought the Hawk (for $25k I believe). Good deal!

19. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

Hey, I think it is pretty cool that you remembered that. I appreciate it. And yes, I purchased the car for $25,000. Had 6900 miles at purchase and now is up to 8800 or so. 6-speed, bilstein suspension, auburn rear. Anyway, you can see pics here:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sl...3243/lst?&.dir=/New+Firehawk&.src=ph&.view=t/

20. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

As a fellow F-Body enthusiast and Hawk owner, what did you expect :bigthumb:

Gorgeous car BTW, and it would still be a smokin' deal today :drool:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2003