SRS What would you get from this letter?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Samson, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Samson

Samson New Member

Assuming you know nothing about the author... how would you decifer this msg?

Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back. Easy to say but hard to do. Its what I've tried to live by but it seems I'm always turning back to te past to try and make myself happy. I guess it took me 3 and a half years and the first trip to my dads grave to realize some things. See, It seems as if I spent te past 9 months or so living in a dream in which I tried to make real. But in dreams you can't get hurt. So it seems as if this "dream" was actuality. I went to my dads grave to get some peace of mind and some real thinking done. So here I stand. Confounded by truth and unfamiliar with my own thoughts. I have never come across a problem that has actually made me think so hard about a scenario in my life. But here I am. Out of the haze it seems as if I have come to a solution to my future which I ave been looking for for a long time now. Though I am still haunted by uncertainty in my decisions with this path. I know it will provide a solid structure with anything that I am to come across. The thing that really gets at me at times is when somone you dream about being with. That someone you would bend over backwards to be with them, make them happy, and give them the life they may never have just seem to ignore the oppurtunity and let it slip. Maybe one day people will learn to look at their potential future and stop fucking around. Or is it in our nature as human beings to continue to live in a dream and pretend to be happy when we are really not and still completely uncertain on what we want or how we want to live life. The thought of what is to come of this future still brings fear because even I, as I write this, do not know what I want to do. Maybe I should just go back to sleep. To the silence of my mind. I wish I could show you...that of which my dreams would show you.

2. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Emo gibberish?

If this was addressed to me I would tell the author to drop the dramatic pretenses and just say whats on her mind in plain english.

3. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

I would probably give the writer a copy of The Elements of Style as well as Sin and Syntax.

4. Samson

Samson New Member

this wasn't addressed to anyone.. it was a blog. this was written a few months back, the author was found dead 2 weeks ago.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its familiar, during my time of depression i was living in a dreamworld and needed to get my feet back into reality, and see life for what it really was rather then for what i (idealistically) imagined it to be.

I think it hit me when i was in my dreamworld just like this guy and walking across the street when i heard a guy talking to another guy saying ' i don't think its realistic'

It had nothing to do with me, but when i projected it onto my own life, i started realising that 'no' what i am doing is not realistic, and it doesn't work in that way in real life.

Its a problem we call 'floating' , your mind is just floating 'somewhere up there' and your not 'grounded' to the earth with your feet as you should be. Its not so strange this person ended up dead by suicide most likely simply because he couldn't face reality for what it was.